How many 2014 DLX were built?

Rollie Bruner_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Owning CB 1100 is new to me, but I've been riding for 48 years. Already have a couple other bikes in my garage. Still I'm like a little kid at Christmas ! Does anyone know the number of Deluxes built in 2014?
 
Rollie, if you mean DLXs built and imported to the US, the answer is no. We used to think it might have been 300—but that was a guess based on the VINs on our register. Someone blew that out of the water with a VIN higher than 300.

If I could think how to search for it, I'd find you the thread. But I can't.
 
Good on you, popgun. Thanks.

So, more than 300, Rollie, but we don't know how many.
 
But no VIN known higher than 306 so far, so. I doubt it is much more than that. It had been three years for this info to materialize.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
Honda blew the 2014 CB1100 estimate. Too few DLX, too many Standards. By my guess, the DLX were gone in six months. On the other hand; there are still 2014 Standards in dealers inventory today.
 
When the '13's were first introduced in the U.S., I remember a lot of magazines commenting on the value proposition, suggesting the relatively high price of the bike could drive customers away. Perhaps Honda listened. I wonder if they thought an even higher priced DLX in '14 would be even more disenfranchising, and therefore limited the number of bikes they imported to avoid an overstock situation. That, or the factory was only planning to do one or two production runs before retooling for something else.
 
The DLX is a bitzer, isn't it? I mean, it's basically an EX with wheels off the Standard model and no HISS system. Honda built quite a lot of EXs for Japan, Taiwan, China and Europe and then used pretty much the same tooling to build the 2016 model they exported to Canada, and presumably sold in Japan and Taiwan. I would have thought putting a few hundred more together for the US market would have been a doddle.
 
TINK_imp said:
Honda blew the 2014 CB1100 estimate. Too few DLX, too many Standards. By my guess, the DLX were gone in six months. On the other hand; there are still 2014 Standards in dealers inventory today.
I wonder if they'll have more of the new 2017's this time around? I haven't been in a dealers shworoom in a while... are they on the floor? Or do you have to order them?
 
On the money, popgun. Bitzer this and bitzer that. Not really fair for the DLX.
 
Nah. Not at all. I'd have one.
 
Thread starter
TINK_imp said:
Honda blew the 2014 CB1100 estimate. Too few DLX, too many Standards. By my guess, the DLX were gone in six months. On the other hand; there are still 2014 Standards in dealers inventory today.
I totally Agree!! They were targeting riders like me that have been riding for over 45 years. Then listened to there young engineers that said let's Black out everything . If they had reversed there production number of Deluxe and standard 2014 CB1100 . The sales results would be dramatically different. Deluxe sales would have been fantastic ! They wouldn't have new bikes setting on the showroom floor 3 years later.
 
Back
Top