How Long Have You Waited For An Item From Japan?

HeavyMetalMech_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello all,
I ordered a Kijima turn signal relocation bracket from Japan through Ebay on August 10. According to the tracking number it arrived at the transfer location in NYC on August 27. So far no further progress. Is this normal out of Japan or has my bracket joined the Ark in that warehouse shown at the end of Raiders of the Ark movie? It was slated for delivery on or about Sept 6. I have put a lost mail report through the post office so we’ll see. Thanks.
 
Well, different shippers operate differently, but in my experience the average wait from a reputable vendor like Samurider or Webike is about a week and a half.
 
Heavy Metal,

When I ordered my Road Comet it also got stuck in Customs in NYC. I called the shipping co. and they said it had not cleared Customs and they couldn’t track it until it did. After a couple of days I got an email from Mr. T. Turns out the shipping label had somehow come off and Customs sent it back to him. Usually Customs clears items FAST as they have too much stuff coming in to mess around.

Mr. T re-labeled it and I got it in about 3 days.

If you ordered from Mr. T (samurider) drop him a line as he can trace it from his end too.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the replies. Difinitely something out of the ordinary going on. I bought it through Webike and they can only assist me with the tracking info. The price was good but have to wait a bit longer. I hope it turns up before reordering.
 
That's too long. You may want to consider requesting a refund, and if the seller declines, then file a dispute with your credit card company and get your money back.

Earlier this year I ordered some iPhone cables on eBay which were sent from China. It took about 5 weeks to receive them via standard mail.

Last year I ordered some stuff from an Amazon reseller in the U.S. The shipment never arrived and they were unable to provide a tracking number. On three different occasions, they told me "they'd need to look into it." I finally got fed up and requested Amazon to process a credit.
 
Webike is a reputable firm. They will take care of it. I’ve ordered from them and had no problems other than they don’t speak English and apparently use Google translate. And that can be a hoot sometimes :)

Mr. T does speak English so that makes transactions with him easier.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Webike is a reputable firm. They will take care of it. I’ve ordered from them and had no problems other than they don’t speak English and apparently use Google translate. And that can be a hoot sometimes :)

Mr. T does speak English so that makes transactions with him easier.
From the OP's last post, it sounds like Webike was not much help in this case, in that they told him all they could do was provide him with a tracking number. :-/ My last order from Mr. T took 10 days. The one before that took about a week. I have not used Webike, but they do have a good selection of stuff.
 
Thread starter
It's too bad in that I don't want to lose money on this but to blame the seller for lost mail isn't right as well. I would assume they copied my addy correctly from the PayPal info given to them at the time of purchase. The price was a third of what someone here paid for a Plot bracket so I was counting on a good deal and it comes with the extra wiring as well. My plan is to gain more rear seat area for a set of saddlebags bought off a member here. Not too impatient yet. I'll see if the post office offers any help with locating it before too long. Thanks.
 
Thread starter
All is well again. I went out of town over the weekend and the bracket kit was waiting for me when I returned. Not the fault of Webike as mentioned but an unusual time to clear customs. I have an ongoing discussion with Samurider on my needs at this time and when we get squared away I can compare the two. Any thing less than a month will be good at this point. Thanks all for your input.
 
I had a similar experience. At the end of January I ordered some pull-back bar risers from GenMar in New Mexico. Ordinarily small parcels handled by the USPS and Canada Post arrive within a week or two. Two weeks went by and no parcel.

I contacted Canada Post and they said they were held up in customs in Montreal. I found that odd because most goods from the west come through Buffalo, NY to Toronto. I called customs and got told by a rather cranky lady that sometimes it can take 14 days to clear customs, and it did. Got the risers at the end of February.
 
Thread starter
WOW is all I'd have to say in regards to Takashi's service through Samurider. After deciding on my needs, Honda rack and Plott blinker relocation bracket (including complete wiring cables), I ordered them on 9-19. I received a Japan Post tracking number on 9-21. On 9-25 I recived an update that the package was transfered through NYC customs. I figured at least another week before seeing the package on my doorstep. To my surprise it showed up today 9-26. I can't get items from California to Georgia any faster than that. Your results may vary but I am very happy with that and the parts are already on and the bike is again road ready. Thanks Takashi.
 
I've ordered things from all over the world. Slowest times - anything to and from Canada. Customs was the hold up each time.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I've ordered things from all over the world. Slowest times - anything to and from Canada. Customs was the hold up each time.
...and the slowest is Montreal, Que.... I was going to get a small package from my brother in Europe, and after few weeks they sent it back to him 'cuz they could not figure out what was inside :rofl:
 
japan.webike.net

This happened twice. Ordered, 48 hours later got notice item was in Tokyo, then 36 hours later it was at my local post office in the Greater Toronto Area. I thought it was fluke the first time, but twice? ... remarkable.
 
Back
Top