How ?Bout a Verge?

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
I’m currently taking a long urban hike through the western parts of L.A. after my museum shift and stopped at a shopping center in Century City for a bite. Lo and behold, there’s a tiny little showroom here for Verge, a new player in the electric motorcycle market.

I chatted with the sales rep for a bit, and they’re making some pretty heroic claims, like range of around 230 miles, and faster acceleration than any electric moto on the market. The Zero SRF in Sport Mode basically liquified my brain 0-70. The guy said this would smoke the Zero.

The swanky rim drive motor gives it a hub less rear wheel. It looked familiar, and I recalled that the prototype was on display at the Petersen for a while.

A bit pricey, and when the rep started pushing for a $100 deposit to get top-of-the-list delivery at some nebulous date next year, I decided it was time to grab some dinner.

Here’s the website:
Verge Motorcycles – The Hubless Electric Motorcycle
 
I’d like to try one.
 
Interesting, but ugly.

230 mile range? Ha, believe it when I see it tested by moto mags

What's a bit pricey translate to?
 
Interesting looks...the rear wheel is exotic with that open space and no hub.
cfd78e5a616df2585a6b925c0093db65.jpg


The TS editions have white, black, yellow, red, blue, green. White and blue look the nicest for me. Some of the lines are too zig-zag, but overall, a decent looking machine.

Same logistic-issues as always though...since I can't "fill the tank" in minutes, it's not good for travel, which most interests me.

But if I needed a speedy 200+ mile e-bike for 3 hour trips, I'd be glad to borrow one.
 
It would be fun to ride alongside your friend and see who can throw a Frisbee through the rear wheel. Also, I wonder if my local bike shop can change that rear tire.
 
Thread starter
For forty five large, yes I would expect 230 miles from a charge.
 
Back
Top