Lord Popgun
Road warrior
Ferret,
Don't forget to divide by the constant 5252---torque x rpm divided by 5252
Don't forget to divide by the constant 5252---torque x rpm divided by 5252
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Mickey,The ferret_imp said:Lol MG
Steve.. What I don't understand is if there is this symbiotic relationship between torque and hp expressed in the formula
Torque x rpm = HP,
Why don't the lines on dyno charts reflect this relationship and mirror each other? ..why would the lines be any different. Why does it not show a corresponding dip in horsepower where it shows a dip in torque? Why would there be a dip in torque when rpm is increasing. One chart is going up in the same spot the other chart is going down and vice versa.
Do you see what I am saying?
As far as carbs and cams and valves go, they are the same ones in the motor when you start the dyno runs as when you end the dyno runs, and they are made of metal so they don't radically alter shape ( lift duration etc) from 2000-6000 rpms where the dip in torque shows up on the dyno chart of 600s I posted.
I will probably never understand this so the explanation is moot I suppose. it just doesn't make any sense to me.
With my last breaths I will probably still be saying torque makes you go and hp makes you go fast lol
LOLThe ferret_imp said:Lol MG
Steve.. What I don't understand is if there is this symbiotic relationship between torque and hp expressed in the formula
Torque x rpm = HP,
Why don't the lines on dyno charts reflect this relationship and mirror each other? ..why would the lines be any different. Why does it not show a corresponding dip in horsepower where it shows a dip in torque? Why would there be a dip in torque when rpm is increasing. One chart is going up in the same spot the other chart is going down and vice versa.
Do you see what I am saying?
As far as carbs and cams and valves go, they are the same ones in the motor when you start the dyno runs as when you end the dyno runs, and they are made of metal so they don't radically alter shape ( lift duration etc) from 2000-6000 rpms where the dip in torque shows up on the dyno chart of 600s I posted.
I will probably never understand this so the explanation is moot I suppose. it just doesn't make any sense to me.
With my last breaths I will probably still be saying torque makes you go and hp makes you go fast lol
What he said.metallyguitarded_imp said:I have decided I don't want to know about horsepower and torque and rpm and acceleration, about tractors or pulleys or marine engines. I do not like them Sam I Am. I will not learn this on a boat. I will not learn this on a goat. I will not, cannot on a plane. All this talk drives me insane. I do not like them Sam I am.
With multiple threads now going on this subject, we have talked and explained it to death. Except for one little item regarding the "relationship" you were looking for. On ANY dyno chart, for ANY engine, notice that the two torque and horsepower lines will ALWAYS cross over each other at exactly 5,252 RPM.The ferret_imp said:Lol MG
Steve.. What I don't understand is if there is this symbiotic relationship between torque and hp expressed in the formula
Torque x rpm = HP,
Why don't the lines on dyno charts reflect this relationship and mirror each other? ..why would the lines be any different. Why does it not show a corresponding dip in horsepower where it shows a dip in torque? Why would there be a dip in torque when rpm is increasing. One chart is going up in the same spot the other chart is going down and vice versa.
Do you see what I am saying?
As far as carbs and cams and valves go, they are the same ones in the motor when you start the dyno runs as when you end the dyno runs, and they are made of metal so they don't radically alter shape ( lift duration etc) from 2000-6000 rpms where the dip in torque shows up on the dyno chart of 600s I posted.
I will probably never understand this so the explanation is moot I suppose. it just doesn't make any sense to me.
With my last breaths I will probably still be saying torque makes you go and hp makes you go fast lol