Horn db

Carguy1959_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Does anybody know the db level of the stock horns? I need super loud ones or one. Found some on eBay rated 118 db, electric. I have a windjammer, So I could mount air horns if need be?
 
Do you own a smart phone? (I don't). A guy I work with has an app on his smart phone that allows him to measure sound in decibels.
 
I'd like a louder horn . . . . It would be cool to be able to simply replace the existing OEM horns with something of similar size and shape (so they can be installed in same location), but that are much louder than the stock horns.

I'm in Houston, and the occasional horn bump is needed to "remind" a cager that I'm nearby . . . .
 
treytexag_imp said:
I'd like a louder horn . . . . It would be cool to be able to simply replace the existing OEM horns with something of similar size and shape (so they can be installed in same location), but that are much louder than the stock horns.

I'm in Houston, and the occasional horn bump is needed to "remind" a cager that I'm nearby . . . .
here is my post
Horn Relocation


PIAA Sports Horn 85114 Sportshorn Slim Line Kit 400Hz 500Hz 112 Db
http://www.motorcycleconsumernews-digitalmagazine.com/mcnews/april_2014d/?pg=28#pg28



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20151130_102649_zps0ls3er52.jpg.html]
 
Not sure, but the stock horns are what I would consider very loud and their sound projection is forward, which is useful as all but bass sounds are directional (if your horn is very loud, but points to the side or down, it's not super useful). On my Trophy, I have two Hella Sharptone horns because the stock single horn on that thing was so low in volume you could talk over it.

Lastly, read this: Motorcycle Horn Comparison Review - webBikeWorld
 
Thread starter
I live in a warm climate, people keep there windows up, a/c on, radio on, all while talking on there phones or what ever. I am looking at getting their attention, but it also can't look stupid.
Thanks for all the replies
 
Back
Top