Honda versus Kijima rack

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Today a box with goodies came from Samurider ,it only took 6 days to get here from Japan!It include a chrome chainguard ,very nice.
Over st. st. crash bars ,again very nice and easy to put on.I put some Gorilla tape on the frame rails and replaced the plastic hose with a black fuel line on the u bolt,looks better and stronger.I also had ordered the Kijima rack and put that on the bike as well.It looks ok but nothing special ,my wife said it looked a bit feeble compared with the OEM Honda rack.It was easy enough to put on but not that easy that you take it off too often and put back on again.It would be easier if the rear nuts of the bungee bolts were welded on the frame.I have a Honda rack and I will put this on instead.I do not know if that is as easy as the Kijima one to put on but I will leave the Honda one on the bike anyway.The Kijima rack is black compared with the chrome Honda one.The Honda one is more substantial. We will TRY to post some pictures today if it stops raining and I can take the bike outside for the photo,s
 
I like the looks of racks that are a little shorter then the Honda ones.
Takashi has to love us.....I'm putting at least 1 kid thru college. :)
 
Thread starter
I just checked the box and it was send on Friday the 3 th and I received it today on the 7 th.
Samurider gives us excellent service and responds very well to our questions.
 
Cool, can't wait to see the pics. I really appreciate everyone putting different stuff on their bikes, and then posting pics for us to ogle. Thanks everyone.
 
Houtman -

Nice going! Can't wait to see the entire left side of the bike with the silver sprocket/crankcase cover, the chrome chain guard and the crash bars. Those should certainly add some sparkle to that side. Dang rain.

Ack-CB11,

Takashi has got to be smiling, and deservedly so. Honda introduces a beautiful bike in the US but offer a paltry few accessories. Samurider and Webike are picking up the slack.
 
meowguy - nice find. Thanks for sharing. A small sissy bar backrest pad could be easily added and would look good. I may have to get one.
 
That motomachines rack is pretty cute! But I'm not removing the Honda rack I have.

I want that chrome chain guard and alum. cover by the starter (not sure of the nomenclature). Guess I'm going to have to heat up a credit card!! :)
 
Thread starter
Today I took the Kijima rack of and put the Honda OEM rack on.It was easy enough to put the Honda rack on but took a little longer than putting the Kijima rack on as that one use the original bungee bolts.With the Honda rack it is easier if you cut the short leg of a 6 mm allan wrench of to about half an inch to clear the indicator lights.Also a 12 mm 10 or 15 degree ofsett box wrench makes it a lot easier to start the rear nuts,the wrench will keep the nut in place and you can start the allan bolt by hand and than tighten with the wrench and keep it from turning with the short ,cut down allan wrench.It took me about 30 minutes to install it,a little longer than the Kijima rack.I will be selling the Kijima rack for in the for sale section .
 
I have the same rack, really easy to put on. I purchased the HB 42lt top case it's a great case.
[/QUOTE]


Jwyane,

How did you install the HB topcase to the alurack ? Did you have to buy an adaptor plate ? If so, is it a HB adaptor palte or something I need to order from the manufacturer of the alurack ?

I have a Givi topcase and would like to install it on this rack with a universal givi mounting plate.

Thanks
 
IndianRider_imp said:
I have the same rack, really easy to put on. I purchased the HB 42lt top case it's a great case.


Jwyane,

How did you install the HB topcase to the alurack ? Did you have to buy an adaptor plate ? If so, is it a HB adaptor palte or something I need to order from the manufacturer of the alurack ?

I have a Givi topcase and would like to install it on this rack with a universal givi mounting plate.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Jwyane,

How did you install the HB topcase to the alurack ? Did you have to buy an adaptor plate ? If so, is it a HB adaptor palte or something I need to order from the manufacturer of the alurack ?

I have a Givi topcase and would like to install it on this rack with a universal givi mounting plate.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

IndianRider,

I have the same set up as Jwayne and the HB topcase and Alurack do not require an adaptor plate. The top case mounts to the rack as if they were meant for each other. I am not familiar with the Universal givi mounting plate but if you have it, here is a picture of the alurack to give you an idea if it can be installed. Hope this helps.

 
Back
Top