Honda U Lock

guitardo_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
If you want the U lock that can be stored under the seat as mentioned in your owner's manual, you might have to order it from Japan. My dealer said alot of the accessories are not yet available to the USA. :huh:
Anyway, that's what I did. I ordered what I thought was a complete lock from japan.webbike.net only to find out later that you also have to order the lock cylinder and tumblers separately (it was in the fine print).
It turned out to be worth it since you key it yourself to match your ignition key so you don't have to carry another key around.
Fortunately, one of my co-workers spoke Japanese and was able to translate the directions for me. :s
 
Hi. I have for sale my Security U-lock that fits under the seat of CB1100. If you are interested, please message me.

18 mm hardened steel shackle
5 mn armoured locking mechanism
Double locking mechanism
Hardened steel locking system
7 discs security lock cylinder
Saw proof, pick proof
Anti-twist U-bar in case of cutting
3 flat milled keys
 
(I've read this and the .com U Lock threads.)

[attachment=1223]

Is it possible to get any long-time-user reviews for this Honda U-lock that stows under the seat?

Are folks still using it?

Are folks happy with it?

I appreciate your input!
 

Attachments

  • 1000016220.webp
    1000016220.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 91
Hey Tev, do they also have the fat o-ring that holds it down in front?
 
Hummm, I do have some old underwear…  :D

Remember back in the day I until I got the OEM o-ring I used an o-ring used to seal the transmission line for the radar I used to work on.  Fun times!
 
Lord Popgun said:
Hummm, I do have some old underwear…  :D

I can honestly say I never, ever expected to be pondering the state of Lord Popgun's undies.

Here is what I can share with absolute clarity:

The man is a motorcycle genius. I have read over 8.000 of his posts, and when he is not making me laugh, he provides a wealth of knowledge that is incredibly valuable. It is more than just raw data he recalls effortlessly. The man has insights that escape me.

For example, the fork brace on my CB1100EX can be traced back to this Thread:

The CB1100 Community Forum

Although I believe I remain in the minority, I feel strongly that the fork brace made a big difference on a CB1100 motorcycle.

At my first interaction with Mi'Lord, I must admit I was pleasantly taken back by the Yoda channeling and the polite scolding I received for my absence of RLETs. I quickly remedied that situation and have been following instructions ever sense.

Wise, it would be, for you to do the same.

Follow the Force  :)
 
Superbird, my NC750X, came with a U-lock from the original owner. He was careful enough to purchase the Honda service manual and a few other Honda-brand goodies that I got with the bike. I just got excited and ran down to the garage to see if it's a Honda-brand lock, thinking I might have a rare OEM accessory I could soak one of you guys for.

Turns out it's a Kryptonite lock. Darn. Never used it, but if anyone here wants an old Kryptonite lock, just a tinge of rust and the rubber part is only slightly gooey, I'll send it to ya. Just cover shipping.
 
Lord Popgun said:
Hey Tev, do they also have the fat o-ring that holds it down in front?

No, nothing like that. I have had mine there for a while now, it doesn't budge.  :shy:
 
Back
Top