Honda Trail 125

Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
well, not an impulse buy for me. been waiting since they announced. I was toying with getting a (another) but stock grom, since my other one is completely and extremely modified, as a runaround. I skipped the monkey as i just didn't see the overall appeal in real life. Im in the middle of moving across town now, and everything i need to get to aside from work is like under 2 miles away, (grocery, deli, liquor store, restaurants, auto parts, drug store, etc all basically 'in the neighborhood') no main roads nec (work only being 9 or 10 miles on back roads) so this makes a whole lotta sense for me. and, since the GF has learned to ride, and is taking the msf end of the month, she can use it as well for errands. And her job is 1.1 miles from the house as well.
:D
 
Quite practical and useful. Get a bumper carrier and take it on vacations too.
I can see a lot of milk crates being attached to the rear, KLR650 style.
 
Back in the late '60's I remember a guy that deer hunted and used a Trail 90 to get to his stands. He had a rifle scabbard on the forks and a milk crate for the rest of his gear. Very practical.
 
Sweet deal bigsheep. That looks like some fun.

Brings back some old memories. Is the end of the exhaust "swelling"? That was an old [annoying] memory for me.
 
bigsheep_imp said:
Re realease the CB125s? Not a bad idea. I love the one I just picked up for $1000 Canadian. Needed nothing to safety.
Lasts and is being loved forever due to its classic look like its bigger, CB1100 sister. Congrats Bigsheep :thumbsup:
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
m in sc_imp said:
oh, i have one. they also do make a passenger seat pad. ;)
This slays me. Your RD is as light as a dirt bike and probably faster than my CB.
This slays me. Your RD is as light as a dirt bike and probably faster than my CB.
m in sc_imp said:
than a stock ecu cb? yup. it will do over 115. (just). 243 lbs wet. :P But, thats a scary ride because its so light.
My RD would start to break up at around 95 mph; like space junk re-entering the atmosphere. It was not in the greatest shape - but the engine was!
 
This is what I have for quick jaunts around neighborhood. Thinking of an intake and exhaust plus fuel controller to really make it snappy.
 
GoldOXide, yeah, the stock exhaust had lots of swelling. So much that when I took it off it was in two pieces. It was held together with chrome tape and JBWeld. It got through the safety (although I'm not entirely sure how?) and I bought an EMGO replica Dunstall slip on and used the original header. I had a muffler shop weld a piece to the original header that expanded to the inside diameter of the slip on and it was perfect. The seam is hidden by the footpeg and it is louder than Gurgus' CB1100 with the Delkevic shorty can. It's also louder because I'm always max throttle redline with the thing. It is a hoot to ride, but it does make me acutely aware of the 1100's mass.
 
bigsheep_imp said:
GoldOXide, yeah, the stock exhaust had lots of swelling. So much that when I took it off it was in two pieces. It was held together with chrome tape and JBWeld. It got through the safety (although I'm not entirely sure how?) and I bought an EMGO replica Dunstall slip on and used the original header. I had a muffler shop weld a piece to the original header that expanded to the inside diameter of the slip on and it was perfect. The seam is hidden by the footpeg and it is louder than Gurgus' CB1100 with the Delkevic shorty can. It's also louder because I'm always max throttle redline with the thing. It is a hoot to ride, but it does make me acutely aware of the 1100's mass.
Nice. Be sure to share future photos of that mighty little gem.
 
Ok, so I'm late to the party... looks like this post has gone cold since Oct 2020.

So I'm hot to but a new Trail 125.
I stop at my local dealer and ask about availability and Out The Door (OTD) pricing.
They are slowly arriving for those customers that have already put down a deposit, but don't expect to get any more deliveries until March/April 2021.
As for OTD pricing... dealer quoted me $5,600...
WHAT THE HECK! That a 40% markup from the $3899 MSRP, for crying out loud!
Let's do the math: $3899, + $190 Destination, + $158 CA DMV fees, + $341 CA sales tax = $4588.
This means the dealer mark up is $1012, with no room to negotiate.
Is it just me, of does $1012 seem a little excessive for a budget priced bike?
 
Hi TINK: Is that the dealer's math too? If not, just ask and have a discussion about the discrepancy. Maybe there is a reasonable reason. Or, as you might be fearing, they are hoping the buyer won't notice or care. Or maybe they are that scarce in the state and demand far out-strips supply and they can gouge the consumer because the market can support it.
 
Most dealers have a so-called "doc" fee. Some states limit it to a reasonable amount, but most do not. There is essentially no "dealer prep" on this bike, and what there is should be considered as part of the reason they sell bikes for more than they pay Honda for them when any holdbacks or incentives to dealers are factored in. If it was me, I would never buy a bike from that dealer. Here is an interesting video that shows how much prep is required for this bike:
 
apex1_imp said:
Most dealers have a so-called "doc" fee. Some states limit it to a reasonable amount, but most do not. There is essentially no "dealer prep" on this bike, and what there is should be considered as part of the reason they sell bikes for more than they pay Honda for them when any holdbacks or incentives to dealers are factored in. If it was me, I would never buy a bike from that dealer. Here is an interesting video that shows how much prep is required for this bike:
Ha - nice. Thanks for sharing that.

Somebody actually took the time to post a video of this. Cool.
 
Great little bike, not sure if they will make it to Ireland though. They can't sell the Super Cub here because they are too overpriced This would likely be around the €4300-€4500 if it ever made it. On the road price for the SuperCub is €4,300 but now reduced to €3,500 because no-one is buying. I actually fancy one but the CB was supposed to be my "just jump on" bike so I better exercise some restraint.
 
Back
Top