CB1100DLX_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Must see video for Honda fans! Now only if they had the same Marketing budget for the CB1100!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I thought it was "S100" but the first two things to go with old age is the memory... and I forget the other one.redbirds_imp said:I thought it was the S500 with chain drive, neat little two seater.
The ferret_imp said:Ok raise your hand if you recognized the Honda S200 roadster. If you do you are in an elite crowd.
Bonus points if you can name the 3 years it was manufactured.
Extra bonus points if you can name the final drive system.
No googling for points!
But google for fun
Maybe S500 but I think S600, guys. I owned one. Nice little roadster. Bought it in 1996, oops, 1966, and auctioned it off shortly thereafter (20,000miles) when I burnt the rings out of it. Yes two chains, one to each rear wheel.redbirds_imp said:I thought it was the S500 with chain drive, neat little two seater.
Yea, I think that's why I said S200 in my original post (got all excited when I saw it in the video and called it the wrong thing)Carguy1959_imp said:My bad, I thought you were talking about the S2000 that was shown as well. It was billed as a roadster.
Tha S600 was a direct competitor to the Austin Healey Sprite. The Sprite was a 1000-1300cc, four cylinder, cast iron block and head, twin carb, SOHC, traditional revving motor, producing about 60HP. On the other hand the S600 was a 600cc, aluminium head, four carb, DOHC high revving engine producing the same power, about 60Hp. The tachometer went to 12500rpm with the red line at 9500rpm. Basically a motorcycle engine. The Sprite had a solid single axle leaf spring rear suspension. The S600, independent coil spring on two swingarms with chain final drives. The bodywork of the Sprite was rough but what was expected from the UK at the time. I've seen restorations that leave the new car in the shade! Ill-fitting panels and variations in paintwork. On the other hand, the S600 was all Honda quality.The ferret_imp said:wow I didn't know it was imported to Australia, I thought it was Japanese domestic only. Supposedly it was a great little car, much better than the British versions.
well after doing some research the S500 preceded the S600 (which I didn't know..I only knew about the 600). Hondas first 4 wheeler was actually the T360 truck (which wasn't in the video)
Yea, I think that's why I said S200 in my original post (got all excited when I saw it in the video and called it the wrong thing)Carguy1959_imp said:My bad, I thought you were talking about the S2000 that was shown as well. It was billed as a roadster.
I loved the S2000 and wanted one badly, alas I got an Accord instead being the practical guy I am. My wife and I have been driving Honda cars exclusively since 1991..3 Accords, 2 Civics, a CRV an Odyssey and a Ridgeline. Love our Hondas.

Those are sweet cars. IIRC they still hold the record for highest specific output for any NA engine in a car under $100k.grover_imp said:Pretty awesome. I have an '07 S2000 that I will die before I part with.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk