Honda Factory Type II Low Handlebars

Thanks for posting that CB4ME. I think I will end up buying these; I like Chip's CB500F solution too, but think I would go with these as they are chrome like the originals.
 
Thread starter
Keep us posted. You may have to reuse the dampening system from the original handlebars. Keep Chip's how-to handy!
 
CB and Scooby, I also wanted the chrome look and was thinking of sending out the bars Chip used to be chromed just to get that effect. Keep us informed if you pull the trigger on the Type II bars.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Keep us posted. You may have to reuse the dampening system from the original handlebars. Keep Chip's how-to handy!
Gentlemen,

This is an excellent find. If you want to stay with chrome bars this is certainly the way to go and you won't have to drill the two mounting holes. Other than that, all of the instructions in my low handlebar thread will apply. These bars are bare and you will need to reuse your existing weights, grips, etc. The downside is these bars will be about $140 after shipping and the black CB500 bars are under $50. I do wish Samurider showed a photo of the bars so I could see the shape. Cheers.

Chip
 
Bikemaster bars are about $25 and come in chrome or gloss black. They have the right internal diameter for the honda dampening system. They have a few different rise and pullback styles too. You do have to drill the locator holes.
I had a set of Bikemaster Superbike bars on my 2001 F4i for around 80,000 miles. Clipons were to low for my old neck and hands.
 
dailyrider_imp said:
Bikemaster bars are about $25 and come in chrome or gloss black. They have the right internal diameter for the honda dampening system. They have a few different rise and pullback styles too. You do have to drill the locator holes.
I had a set of Bikemaster Superbike bars on my 2001 F4i for around 80,000 miles. Clipons were to low for my old neck and hands.
Yea - But the Bikemasters need shimming to work. Ask me how I know.
dailyrider_imp said:
Bikemaster bars are about $25 and come in chrome or gloss black. They have the right internal diameter for the honda dampening system. They have a few different rise and pullback styles too. You do have to drill the locator holes.
I had a set of Bikemaster Superbike bars on my 2001 F4i for around 80,000 miles. Clipons were to low for my old neck and hands.
Yea - But the Bikemasters need shimming to work. Ask me how I know.
dailyrider_imp said:
Bikemaster bars are about $25 and come in chrome or gloss black. They have the right internal diameter for the honda dampening system. They have a few different rise and pullback styles too. You do have to drill the locator holes.
I had a set of Bikemaster Superbike bars on my 2001 F4i for around 80,000 miles. Clipons were to low for my old neck and hands.
Yea - But the Bikemasters need shimming to work. Ask me how I know.
dailyrider_imp said:
Bikemaster bars are about $25 and come in chrome or gloss black. They have the right internal diameter for the honda dampening system. They have a few different rise and pullback styles too. You do have to drill the locator holes.
I had a set of Bikemaster Superbike bars on my 2001 F4i for around 80,000 miles. Clipons were to low for my old neck and hands.
Yea - But the Bikemasters need shimming to work. Ask me how I know.
 
Lol what the heck? Want me to fix that?
 
Inline4_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Lol what the heck? Want me to fix that?
He probably wants you too, but just once. :D
He probably wants you too, but just once. :D
He just wants us to ask him how he knows :P

That multiple quote thing happened to me once too. What causes that?
 
I dont know what causes it, but crazy me reads every one every time!
 
Are there any forum members that can report back on their experience installing the Type II bar?

I always feel like I want to lean more forward as I ride my CB1100. Consequently, I have ordered the Type II handlebars from Samurider.com, and the Honda Service Manual from Helminc.com. As soon as I receive them I assume I'll be ready to install the new bar.

Has anybody actually swapped out the US Type I handlebars for the Type II handlebars? I am looking for someone to get an idea of any pitfalls to watch out for as I perform the swap myself. Did you shorten any hydraulic hoses or wires? Anything to be careful with???
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol what the heck? Want me to fix that?
Please - it happens every time I reply. Now it won't let me edit because I need some ridiculous amount of replys in minutes. Weird!!!
The ferret_imp said:
Lol what the heck? Want me to fix that?
Please - it happens every time I reply. Now it won't let me edit because I need some ridiculous amount of replys in minutes. Weird!!!
 
That is wierd. i can't fix it permanantly, only post by post. Maybe Guth can fix it permanatly.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Several members have put on lower bars, not sure if any have used the Honda Type 2 bars

Some threads

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1049

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=980
Yes, Ferret, thanks for that reminder. I looked over Chip's post again, and now realize I might have to replicate most of that process even though I'll be using a stock Type II bar meant for the CB1100. I haven't yet received the bar or the service manual...they are still in transit...merely planning ahead right now...deciding whether I will do the work or let a Honda dealer handle it. I am good with bicycles, but the CB1100 is my first motorcycle. The bar swap now seems like a royal pain in the butt, so I've reached out to Chip via e-mail in the hope that he will discuss the matter with me as I'm not sure why he undertook some of the steps listed in his post. I suppose the service manual might also clarify the process. If I resolve my uncertainties and actually do the work myself, I'll post back on the forum so others can benefit.
 
xpacpal1x_imp said:
Are there any forum members that can report back on their experience installing the Type II bar?

I always feel like I want to lean more forward as I ride my CB1100. Consequently, I have ordered the Type II handlebars from Samurider.com, and the Honda Service Manual from Helminc.com. As soon as I receive them I assume I'll be ready to install the new bar.

Has anybody actually swapped out the US Type I handlebars for the Type II handlebars? I am looking for someone to get an idea of any pitfalls to watch out for as I perform the swap myself. Did you shorten any hydraulic hoses or wires? Anything to be careful with???
I have fitted the Type II bars and it was a fairly straight forward job. Honda bar ends can be a pain to get out, I found that job best tackled with the bars off the bike. Just close the end clips while prising through the hole in the bars, accessible once the grips are off. The mirrors/levers are easy because they come off the bars rather than having to slide off the ends like some do. There is some slack in the hoses/wiring but nothing to be concerned about. Bars feel great and look much better (IMO) they are lower and slightly narrower. If you have any problems message me but I think you will find it all pretty straight forward. :thumbsup:
 
OK, I just gotta know...Are those your buffalos? What do you do with them? And what do those signs facing the road in the background say? :)
 
Back
Top