Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

Sorry, but to me this little mosquito looks too clunky, too chunky and too clumsy...lacking grace of 125cc that light class should have, the seat is another problem, grandma XXXXXL size. :s
Matte Fresco Brown looks bit better than the red one.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Sorry, but to me this little mosquito looks too clunky, too chunky and too clumsy...lacking grace of 125cc that light class should have, the seat is another problem, grandma XXXXXL size. :s
Matte Fresco Brown looks bit better than the red one.
I just don't know if I can trust the aesthetic opinion of an anti-RLET rider! : )

Nah, I guess I see what you're saying, it does look a bit cluttered, but I still kinda like it. I think the first person to call it ugly as I was riding it would make me love it.
 
you would have had to be a Honda fan in the early 60s when the CT series of bikes was popular to appreciate this. Hunter, campers, farmers beat those little bikes to death and they just kept on running. One of tbe main reasons Honda has the reputation for reliability it does.
 
Ferret's right.

There's a video somewhere of a bloke who drained the oil out of his beat CT90 and replaced it with used fryer oil from the local burger joint. The exhaust smelled of french fries but the bike ran just fine. He then hurled the bike off a four-story building and it started right up (though it was obviously unrideable at that point.)

Edit: Here's the video (Honda Cub, not CT90, but you get the idea):
 
Didn’t the originals have a dual range(high/low) transmission? I don’t see that mentioned in regards to the new model. That option would really get me interested in using it as a trail bike in our hilly terrain. Considering the small engine size that would really add to the flexibility of the platform.
 
No dual-range transmission. And no folding/rotating handlebars. But it looks like it'll have a main stand and rear footpegs. The right side rear peg looks extra-long to clear the exhaust. Wish it had a hand clutch though.
 
The bike shown looks a lot like the CT110, known in Australia as the 'postie' a bike used by Australia Pos for delivering our mail.

The 'postie' is fondly regarded in Australia and people do all sorts of things—including hardcore rides across the desert—on them. I found a video of the Postie GP.


 
I'll admit it, when I first looked at the photo of the bike I got a little excited as well — but not in a good way.

It was only when I zoomed in closer on the photo, that I could breathe easier. What I thought was a horrendous full-length RLET turned out to actually be nothing more than a harmless matte-black lever. Phew, the RLET shrine located exactly at the center of the CB1100 Forum Skunkworks secret development annex shall remain a place of tranquility where one can worship in the presence of perfection.

Oh, and fellas — puhleeese! The Super Cub in Pearl Nebula Red is clearly the pick of the bunch here. I'll admit that the two-tone seat definitely gives me pause — after all did we not learn our lesson with the Katana? (As the designer, I know that I sure did!)

Let's face it, the SCub is only shy a set of RLETs and one custom seat away from full-on bacon status. :bacon:
 
:bacon: :bacon: Wow! A new smilie. :worship:
 
I like it. I like the tan one the best though. But I know it will cost too much to be a quick impulse buy. Dang it.

Cormanus, i saw that bacon, but I figured Guth just used his super powers for it :)

Of course, now I want some bacon!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I like it. I like the tan one the best though. But I know it will cost too much to be a quick impulse buy. Dang it.

Cormanus, i saw that bacon, but I figured Guth just used his super powers for it :)

Of course, now I want some bacon!
...me too, with eggs :)
 
Thread starter
Maybe they will offer it in yellow eventually. My first motorcycle ride ever was around six or seven, riding on the back of my uncle’s yellow CT.
 
The ferret_imp said:
you would have had to be a Honda fan in the early 60s when the CT series of bikes was popular to appreciate this. Hunter, campers, farmers beat those little bikes to death and they just kept on running. One of tbe main reasons Honda has the reputation for reliability it does.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year.
 
Cobalt23_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
you would have had to be a Honda fan in the early 60s when the CT series of bikes was popular to appreciate this. Hunter, campers, farmers beat those little bikes to death and they just kept on running. One of tbe main reasons Honda has the reputation for reliability it does.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year. I have an original '63 C105T, Trail 55, but with the flat-sided low pipe. I bought it from a friend's brother who bought it new, sold it to another friend, and just recently bought it back. Also had one of the chrome-framed ones back in the '80s.

I remember reading in Cycle magazine about a guy who rode his trail 90 across the country. I'll have to dig it up.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
Cobalt23_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
you would have had to be a Honda fan in the early 60s when the CT series of bikes was popular to appreciate this. Hunter, campers, farmers beat those little bikes to death and they just kept on running. One of tbe main reasons Honda has the reputation for reliability it does.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year. I have an original '63 C105T, Trail 55, but with the flat-sided low pipe. I bought it from a friend's brother who bought it new, sold it to another friend, and just recently bought it back. Also had one of the chrome-framed ones back in the '80s.

I remember reading in Cycle magazine about a guy who rode his trail 90 across the country. I'll have to dig it up.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year. I have an original '63 C105T, Trail 55, but with the flat-sided low pipe. I bought it from a friend's brother who bought it new, sold it to another friend, and just recently bought it back. Also had one of the chrome-framed ones back in the '80s.

I remember reading in Cycle magazine about a guy who rode his trail 90 across the country. I'll have to dig it up.
I think I need to talk with you! I went back and looked, mine has the flat low pipe also... we always wondered if it was a later replacement since all the pics we saw had the high pipe! Thanks for the clarification!!!
 
Cobalt23_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Cobalt23_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
you would have had to be a Honda fan in the early 60s when the CT series of bikes was popular to appreciate this. Hunter, campers, farmers beat those little bikes to death and they just kept on running. One of tbe main reasons Honda has the reputation for reliability it does.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year. I have an original '63 C105T, Trail 55, but with the flat-sided low pipe. I bought it from a friend's brother who bought it new, sold it to another friend, and just recently bought it back. Also had one of the chrome-framed ones back in the '80s.

I remember reading in Cycle magazine about a guy who rode his trail 90 across the country. I'll have to dig it up.
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year. I have an original '63 C105T, Trail 55, but with the flat-sided low pipe. I bought it from a friend's brother who bought it new, sold it to another friend, and just recently bought it back. Also had one of the chrome-framed ones back in the '80s.

I remember reading in Cycle magazine about a guy who rode his trail 90 across the country. I'll have to dig it up.
I think I need to talk with you! I went back and looked, mine has the flat low pipe also... we always wondered if it was a later replacement since all the pics we saw had the high pipe! Thanks for the clarification!!!
You are right! I have 1962 version 50cc (C 55) with the dual rear sprocket (high and low range) that my father in law and I are putting back together. Knobby tires and a high swept exhaust, I am hoping that will be my ride around Barber Vintage this year. I have an original '63 C105T, Trail 55, but with the flat-sided low pipe. I bought it from a friend's brother who bought it new, sold it to another friend, and just recently bought it back. Also had one of the chrome-framed ones back in the '80s.

I remember reading in Cycle magazine about a guy who rode his trail 90 across the country. I'll have to dig it up.
I think I need to talk with you! I went back and looked, mine has the flat low pipe also... we always wondered if it was a later replacement since all the pics we saw had the high pipe! Thanks for the clarification!!!
Earlier ones came with the low pipe, but all had the dual sprockets, and they didn't come with a front fender. Mine has an aftermarket or accessory chrome front fender, like so many did.
They also came with a wider factory chrome luggage rack that bolted to the smaller painted one, so you can haul back that 12-point buck! Most were taken off because a passenger was more comfortable (relatively speaking) on the smaller rack, or they just got real rusty.
 
Back
Top