Honda Common Service Manual

There are several free PDF versions on the internet. I found a nice copy of the 1995 version and a rougher copy of the 1988 version. You can preview it prior to purchase or just use it on an iPad .
 
Thread starter
This latest version has much more info, including the dual-clutch and full automatic transmissions, and ABS and the latest fuel injection. A lot has changed in 20 years.

Not trying to push book sales, but $49 represents a 1/2 hour at dealer shop rate.
 
PD, I’m glad to hear they have updated it since 2013 when I got mine. Mine has a LOT on carbs and not much on fuel injection. Maybe I need to update :)
 
I have a factory manual, and I may never need the service manual, but I always say you can never have too much information so I ordered one.
Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:
 
I received my service manual and it's a whopping 1 3/4" (45mm) thick. I didn't expect such a massive book, but it's loaded with information and well worth the price - in fact I'm surprised it was that cheap.
 
Barry , your Common Service Manual arrived today , I can mail it to you this week but need your address . I will be arriving in Tunbridge Wells on sept 4 this year .
 
Did the Forum drain the last few remaining?

Or the awareness that the CB is no longer being sold in North America that demand for the manual is heighten?
 
GO, probable the forum drained their supply. Just like we did RLETS back in the day. Can thank Ferret for that. And a member who bought all of them he could find from everywhere. :)
 
The next best price I was able to find online is only $6 more before tax and shipping than what Helm charges, so I bought one. It was $55 ( Helm was $49 ) plus $6.42 shipping = $61.42 total. For those like me that did not want to wait an unknown length of time for Helm to get them back in stock, this place has them IN STOCK : https://www.repairmanual.com/product/official-honda-common-service-manual-2012-version-61csm00/ . It is the latest version 61CSM00. Prices I found for this manual on Ebay and Amazon were significantly higher, except for one USED 61CSM00 on EBay for what Helm charges for a new one. There are older versions for less, but for the difference in price, I wanted the updated version, as I imagine most other members probably do too.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I think that I bought the last one in stock for Bazbro in England , they will print more very soon.
Many thanks, John... it's just arrived.
And what a tome it is! It's massive and SO comprehensive. Ok, it's mainly about Honda's but it's also got masses of info that is appropriate for other makes too - a real "general service manual".
I bought one solely because I'm NOT a mechanic but I love working on 'bikes. When I do any mechanicking, I'm VERY aware of my limitations and therefore take no chances. So a comprehensive "How to be a mechanic" manual is extremely useful - there is just SO much good information here.
Recommended...
 
It is good to know when the application of force is proper!
Or if a counter sprocket nut is left hand thread!!
 
Hello pekingduck, Looks like 61CSM00 is back in stock at helm - I ordered it and received it today.
You mentioned in your post that this is printed on oil resistant paper - seems to be normal paper to me. I'm a bit hesitant to test whether it is oil resistant :shy:. Does anyone know how to make out it if it is oil-resistant paper? The cover does seem to be thicker and laminated.

pekingduck_imp said:
The little known Honda Common Service Manual is the bible for Honda motorcycle repair. Here is a review from Revzilla yesterday:

If you want to learn to work on motorcycles, here's where to start - RevZilla

At $49 from Helm, printed on oil resistant paper, it's truly a bargain, and probably one of the last manuals of this type available in print form before everything goes digital.
 
Thread starter
satchit_imp said:
Hello pekingduck, Looks like 61CSM00 is back in stock at helm - I ordered it and received it today.
You mentioned in your post that this is printed on oil resistant paper - seems to be normal paper to me. I'm a bit hesitant to test whether it is oil resistant :shy:. Does anyone know how to make out it if it is oil-resistant paper? The cover does seem to be thicker and laminated.

pekingduck_imp said:
The little known Honda Common Service Manual is the bible for Honda motorcycle repair. Here is a review from Revzilla yesterday:

If you want to learn to work on motorcycles, here's where to start - RevZilla

At $49 from Helm, printed on oil resistant paper, it's truly a bargain, and probably one of the last manuals of this type available in print form before everything goes digital.
I just did a little home test. Put a dab of oil on a finger, touched a piece of regular printer paper (what most people selling on-demand copies of manuals use) and it immediately soaked through, no way to wipe it off. Did it on a page of my manual, and I was able to wipe it off with a tissue with minimal stain, no soaking through to the other side.

(I feel like I'm hawking Tide Pods or something)
 
Thanks for the update, Satchit! I tried to order it from Helm a while back, when it was out of stock, and provided my email address so they could let me know when it was back in stock. They didn't.

So now I have it on order.
 
pekingduck, I tried your test - mine did leave a larger stain.
Could you tell me what is the 'Date of issue' on page vi of your manual?
The date of issue in mine is 'November 2012' - the back cover on mine has a copyright date of 2020.
Wanted to make sure this is the latest version.
pekingduck_imp said:
satchit_imp said:
Hello pekingduck, Looks like 61CSM00 is back in stock at helm - I ordered it and received it today.
You mentioned in your post that this is printed on oil resistant paper - seems to be normal paper to me. I'm a bit hesitant to test whether it is oil resistant :shy:. Does anyone know how to make out it if it is oil-resistant paper? The cover does seem to be thicker and laminated.

pekingduck_imp said:
The little known Honda Common Service Manual is the bible for Honda motorcycle repair. Here is a review from Revzilla yesterday:

If you want to learn to work on motorcycles, here's where to start - RevZilla

At $49 from Helm, printed on oil resistant paper, it's truly a bargain, and probably one of the last manuals of this type available in print form before everything goes digital.
I just did a little home test. Put a dab of oil on a finger, touched a piece of regular printer paper (what most people selling on-demand copies of manuals use) and it immediately soaked through, no way to wipe it off. Did it on a page of my manual, and I was able to wipe it off with a tissue with minimal stain, no soaking through to the other side.

(I feel like I'm hawking Tide Pods or something)
I just did a little home test. Put a dab of oil on a finger, touched a piece of regular printer paper (what most people selling on-demand copies of manuals use) and it immediately soaked through, no way to wipe it off. Did it on a page of my manual, and I was able to wipe it off with a tissue with minimal stain, no soaking through to the other side.

(I feel like I'm hawking Tide Pods or something)
 
Back
Top