peterbaron
Road warrior
Great find, show and guided tour. I like it 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Interesting. They also had a couple of Toyota S800 cars in one display and another similar variant elsewhere that I am not able to identify (or in my case, I just can't be bothered to try and look it up right now, lol).Lord Popgun_imp said:There is a Kawasaki Z400 in there too.
I tried to get there (twin Ring) twice without success.Alain Lee_imp said:I tried to get there (twin Ring) twice without success.The ferret_imp said:man, would love to visit there
The 1st time, I was there in Motegi, however, the museum was closed due to a local racing event that took place there at the Twin Ring circuit.
The 2nd time, after taking the train, and ready to board the country side bus I was told that the museum was closed due to ...??
Close but no cigar !!
So I turned around and visited the Yamaha Plaza (museum) and the next day the Suzuki museum in Hamamatsu as consolation. Both museum are small when compared to the Honda museum.
Honda Twin Ring, Motegi is located 2 hours north from Tokyo and is in the countryside - one has to take a long train ride (around 2 hrs) from Tokyo then a bus and finally a taxi.
I also learned that there is another HONDA museum (I forgot the address) owned by Soichiro Honda himself. I will provide the address next time.
The Twin Ring museum is in my bucket list, May be one day I will be lucky to visit that museum :huh:
FYI, Suzuka circuit was built to replace the smaller Twin Ring as Japan official race track then around the year 2002 Toyota in their wishdom bought out the Fuji race track (located at the base of Mount Fuji) to host the F1 racing.

Always like to see images of yesteryear. So much soul. Great Guth.Guth_imp said:That museum is crammed so full of awesome goodies that I could imagine myself fainting after stepping foot inside, lol. I only wish that they had about twice as many viewing points available for the virtual tour.
One reason I mention this is because I can’t get a good look at one of the true highlights for me which is the 1970 Candy Blue/Green CB350K2 Super Sport just like the bike that my dad used to own. He had other Honda’s previous to that but to my young eye the 1970 CB350 was heads and tails above the others in terms of how cool it looked. I still think these are great looking bikes. My apologies for posting this photo yet again but it is one of my all-time favorites.
![]()
Another highlight for me is the RA300 Grand Prix car. I have no idea how I would have seen photos of this car as a young child, but not long after entering grade school I used to draw illustrations of this particular car amongst others from the likes of Lotus and Ferrari for my Pediatrician to hang in his office. I can’t help but think that John Surtees’ life story would make for a great movie.
It turns out this did not take too much in the way of time or effort to find out that the other Toyota in the museum is actually the concept car that ultimately lead to the Toyota Sports 800. I have to wonder not only why Honda has the car in their museum by how they were able to obtain it.Guth_imp said:Interesting. They also had a couple of Toyota S800 cars in one display and another similar variant elsewhere that I am not able to identify (or in my case, I just can't be bothered to try and look it up right now, lol).Lord Popgun_imp said:There is a Kawasaki Z400 in there too.
I tried to get there (twin Ring) twice without success.Alain Lee_imp said:I tried to get there (twin Ring) twice without success.The ferret_imp said:man, would love to visit there
The 1st time, I was there in Motegi, however, the museum was closed due to a local racing event that took place there at the Twin Ring circuit.
The 2nd time, after taking the train, and ready to board the country side bus I was told that the museum was closed due to ...??
Close but no cigar !!
So I turned around and visited the Yamaha Plaza (museum) and the next day the Suzuki museum in Hamamatsu as consolation. Both museum are small when compared to the Honda museum.
Honda Twin Ring, Motegi is located 2 hours north from Tokyo and is in the countryside - one has to take a long train ride (around 2 hrs) from Tokyo then a bus and finally a taxi.
I also learned that there is another HONDA museum (I forgot the address) owned by Soichiro Honda himself. I will provide the address next time.
The Twin Ring museum is in my bucket list, May be one day I will be lucky to visit that museum :huh:
FYI, Suzuka circuit was built to replace the smaller Twin Ring as Japan official race track then around the year 2002 Toyota in their wishdom bought out the Fuji race track (located at the base of Mount Fuji) to host the F1 racing.
I have entertained thoughts of trying to visit this museum at some point in my life. I can only imagine the frustration you must have felt the first time. But the second time around, I'd probably have blown a gasket.
Yes indeed...The ferret_imp said:are you sure they are Toyotas and not the S 600, S800 sports cars from Honda 1964-1966
Awesome phote !Guth_imp said:That museum is crammed so full of awesome goodies that I could imagine myself fainting after stepping foot inside, lol. I only wish that they had about twice as many viewing points available for the virtual tour.
One reason I mention this is because I can’t get a good look at one of the true highlights for me which is the 1970 Candy Blue/Green CB350K2 Super Sport just like the bike that my dad used to own. He had other Honda’s previous to that but to my young eye the 1970 CB350 was heads and tails above the others in terms of how cool it looked. I still think these are great looking bikes. My apologies for posting this photo yet again but it is one of my all-time favorites.
![]()
Another highlight for me is the RA300 Grand Prix car. I have no idea how I would have seen photos of this car as a young child, but not long after entering grade school I used to draw illustrations of this particular car amongst others from the likes of Lotus and Ferrari for my Pediatrician to hang in his office. I can’t help but think that John Surtees’ life story would make for a great movie.