Honda Announcements

error
GoldOxide_imp said:
I read that the 2020 Honda Africa Twin ASES has real self-cancelling turn signals that utilize the wheel spin differential while turning vs. when turning has completed.

Not sure how new this is, but it is new on this 2020 Honda model.
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Countdown to GO getting an Africa Twin ....9......8.......7....
GoldOxide_imp said:
... it hurts KE. :s
I just do not understand why GO wants to have Africa Twin, if Canada is not even close to Africa, and he won't ride in Africa either.....then why bother GO, CB not good enough??.....:P
:beerchug:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
error
GoldOxide_imp said:
I read that the 2020 Honda Africa Twin ASES has real self-cancelling turn signals that utilize the wheel spin differential while turning vs. when turning has completed.

Not sure how new this is, but it is new on this 2020 Honda model.
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Countdown to GO getting an Africa Twin ....9......8.......7....
GoldOxide_imp said:
... it hurts KE. :s
I just do not understand why GO wants to have Africa Twin, if Canada is not even close to Africa, and he won't ride in Africa either.....then why bother GO, CB not good enough??.....:P
:beerchug:
PB: A disturbance, yes, felt in the Force. For diplomatic immunity, I will use CRF1000. :-/
 
Stichill_imp said:
Wow, some these photos from the Honda Japan site are stunning, Cormanus. Thanks for the heads-up!

CB1300








VFR800F
5cb314eccdfbda13b9ddd0f5ca366bf1.png


786de15512070db2bafa2a60daf3c907.png


9cebb9b3b5883d3b54b2f0f543d588d8.png


fba49f90f8faa0779b7c047fa1e2772f.png




CB400
ee38a8b2a511d02a6d3b78b96867edbd.png


bb8b2cc371de982b90dfea0787afe7fd.png


008d0ae91b87546027fdf38b8ecf25ce.png
I wonder what kind of horsepower that water cooled 1300 puts out
 
Chuckk_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Wow, some these photos from the Honda Japan site are stunning, Cormanus. Thanks for the heads-up!

CB1300








VFR800F
5cb314eccdfbda13b9ddd0f5ca366bf1.png


786de15512070db2bafa2a60daf3c907.png


9cebb9b3b5883d3b54b2f0f543d588d8.png


fba49f90f8faa0779b7c047fa1e2772f.png




CB400
ee38a8b2a511d02a6d3b78b96867edbd.png


bb8b2cc371de982b90dfea0787afe7fd.png


008d0ae91b87546027fdf38b8ecf25ce.png
I wonder what kind of horsepower that water cooled 1300 puts out
Honda claims 109 hp for the 1300 (which is usually measured at the crank). About 20 more ponies than the CB1100.

I'm sure they could squeeze a lot more out of it, but Honda tends to detune the engines on their non-sportbikes to achieve a nice linear powerband.
Bheezy27403_imp said:
114 HP for the 1300.
Ole_imp said:
oh my
that 400 is so sweet

bring it Honda words are cheap but I would buy one at full retail
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I send American Honda an email at least once a year, explaining how the CB400SF would be a huge hit in North America (like it has been elsewhere for 28 years). They quit replying to me about 10 years ago. :D
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Wow, some these photos from the Honda Japan site are stunning, Cormanus. Thanks for the heads-up!

CB1300








VFR800F
5cb314eccdfbda13b9ddd0f5ca366bf1.png


786de15512070db2bafa2a60daf3c907.png


9cebb9b3b5883d3b54b2f0f543d588d8.png


fba49f90f8faa0779b7c047fa1e2772f.png




CB400
ee38a8b2a511d02a6d3b78b96867edbd.png


bb8b2cc371de982b90dfea0787afe7fd.png


008d0ae91b87546027fdf38b8ecf25ce.png
I wonder what kind of horsepower that water cooled 1300 puts out
Honda claims 109 hp for the 1300 (which is usually measured at the crank). About 20 more ponies than the CB1100.

I'm sure they could squeeze a lot more out of it, but Honda tends to detune the engines on their non-sportbikes to achieve a nice linear powerband.
Bheezy27403_imp said:
114 HP for the 1300.
Ole_imp said:
oh my
that 400 is so sweet

bring it Honda words are cheap but I would buy one at full retail
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I send American Honda an email at least once a year, explaining how the CB400SF would be a huge hit in North America (like it has been elsewhere for 28 years). They quit replying to me about 10 years ago. :D
Makes sense in an age when many manufacturers now push real-world use drive-ability with minimal impact on the environment and improved range.

It is understood that a 1300 inline back in '84 could push 150 horses, but back then they didn't have networked speed trap cameras. With a sprinkling of AI, the bill will be in your inbox before you arrive home.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Wow, some these photos from the Honda Japan site are stunning, Cormanus. Thanks for the heads-up!

CB1300








VFR800F
5cb314eccdfbda13b9ddd0f5ca366bf1.png


786de15512070db2bafa2a60daf3c907.png


9cebb9b3b5883d3b54b2f0f543d588d8.png


fba49f90f8faa0779b7c047fa1e2772f.png




CB400
ee38a8b2a511d02a6d3b78b96867edbd.png


bb8b2cc371de982b90dfea0787afe7fd.png


008d0ae91b87546027fdf38b8ecf25ce.png
I wonder what kind of horsepower that water cooled 1300 puts out
Honda claims 109 hp for the 1300 (which is usually measured at the crank). About 20 more ponies than the CB1100.

I'm sure they could squeeze a lot more out of it, but Honda tends to detune the engines on their non-sportbikes to achieve a nice linear powerband.
Bheezy27403_imp said:
114 HP for the 1300.
Ole_imp said:
oh my
that 400 is so sweet

bring it Honda words are cheap but I would buy one at full retail
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I send American Honda an email at least once a year, explaining how the CB400SF would be a huge hit in North America (like it has been elsewhere for 28 years). They quit replying to me about 10 years ago. :D
Honda claims 109 hp for the 1300 (which is usually measured at the crank). About 20 more ponies than the CB1100.

I'm sure they could squeeze a lot more out of it, but Honda tends to detune the engines on their non-sportbikes to achieve a nice linear powerband.
Bheezy27403_imp said:
114 HP for the 1300.
Ole_imp said:
oh my
that 400 is so sweet

bring it Honda words are cheap but I would buy one at full retail
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I send American Honda an email at least once a year, explaining how the CB400SF would be a huge hit in North America (like it has been elsewhere for 28 years). They quit replying to me about 10 years ago. :D
I pray that this will be a Andy Dufresne outcome in Shawshank Redemption when eventually they just give in! Perhaps I will start a yearly email.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I should have included some pictures of the Bely e:

Here's what I think is the basic model ...



Here's the Benley e: Pro ...



And here's pictures of the batteries and chargers ...

1c390e50f3c85e6523c3968e9c139cc6.jpg


Looks like they could be interchangeable, meaning no sitting around while the batteries charge.

The press release also pointed to the scooter having a 'reverse assist function that improves convenience when switching in narrow places or on slopes.'
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Wow, some these photos from the Honda Japan site are stunning, Cormanus. Thanks for the heads-up!

CB1300








VFR800F
5cb314eccdfbda13b9ddd0f5ca366bf1.png


786de15512070db2bafa2a60daf3c907.png


9cebb9b3b5883d3b54b2f0f543d588d8.png


fba49f90f8faa0779b7c047fa1e2772f.png




CB400
ee38a8b2a511d02a6d3b78b96867edbd.png


bb8b2cc371de982b90dfea0787afe7fd.png


008d0ae91b87546027fdf38b8ecf25ce.png
I wonder what kind of horsepower that water cooled 1300 puts out
Honda claims 109 hp for the 1300 (which is usually measured at the crank). About 20 more ponies than the CB1100.

I'm sure they could squeeze a lot more out of it, but Honda tends to detune the engines on their non-sportbikes to achieve a nice linear powerband.
Bheezy27403_imp said:
114 HP for the 1300.
Ole_imp said:
oh my
that 400 is so sweet

bring it Honda words are cheap but I would buy one at full retail
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I send American Honda an email at least once a year, explaining how the CB400SF would be a huge hit in North America (like it has been elsewhere for 28 years). They quit replying to me about 10 years ago. :D
Honda claims 109 hp for the 1300 (which is usually measured at the crank). About 20 more ponies than the CB1100.

I'm sure they could squeeze a lot more out of it, but Honda tends to detune the engines on their non-sportbikes to achieve a nice linear powerband.
Bheezy27403_imp said:
114 HP for the 1300.
Ole_imp said:
oh my
that 400 is so sweet

bring it Honda words are cheap but I would buy one at full retail
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I send American Honda an email at least once a year, explaining how the CB400SF would be a huge hit in North America (like it has been elsewhere for 28 years). They quit replying to me about 10 years ago. :D
I pray that this will be a Andy Dufresne outcome in Shawshank Redemption when eventually they just give in! Perhaps I will start a yearly email.
Honda claims 109 hp for the 1300 (which is usually measured at the crank). About 20 more ponies than the CB1100.

I'm sure they could squeeze a lot more out of it, but Honda tends to detune the engines on their non-sportbikes to achieve a nice linear powerband.
Bheezy27403_imp said:
114 HP for the 1300.
Ole_imp said:
oh my
that 400 is so sweet

bring it Honda words are cheap but I would buy one at full retail
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I'll buy 2 just to sweeten the pot.
I send American Honda an email at least once a year, explaining how the CB400SF would be a huge hit in North America (like it has been elsewhere for 28 years). They quit replying to me about 10 years ago. :D
I pray that this will be a Andy Dufresne outcome in Shawshank Redemption when eventually they just give in! Perhaps I will start a yearly email.
You will have your library.
 
With motorcycle sales stagnant at best, it's hard to introduce any new models that don't have a guaranteed market. The 1300 and 400 four cylinders are of course more expensive to manufacture and so, harder to sell. The VFR has a small niche for the same reason, with its market shrunken by adventurer-tourers in the US. We're talking a couple hundred US sales per year.

Adventure bikes have put fire in the market the way SUVs and "Cross-overs" have made station wagons acceptable again. And mountain bikes resurrected bicycling starting in the '90s. I think the same needs to happen with scooters.

The Ruckus 50 was a great selling model but under-powered, and would be a giant hit with a 150cc or 250cc engine. (The old 250 Big Ruckus was just a styling and pricing disaster).

I think the ADV 150 scooter would be a big step in the right direction - a more robust looking scooter a guy wouldn't feel embarrassed on, even without any real off-road potential. The industry needs more new riders, and scooters may be a big part of the answer.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
With motorcycle sales stagnant at best, it's hard to introduce any new models that don't have a guaranteed market. The 1300 and 400 four cylinders are of course more expensive to manufacture and so, harder to sell. The VFR has a small niche for the same reason, with its market shrunken by adventurer-tourers in the US. We're talking a couple hundred US sales per year.

Adventure bikes have put fire in the market the way SUVs and "Cross-overs" have made station wagons acceptable again. And mountain bikes resurrected bicycling starting in the '90s. I think the same needs to happen with scooters.

The Ruckus 50 was a great selling model but under-powered, and would be a giant hit with a 150cc or 250cc engine. (The old 250 Big Ruckus was just a styling and pricing disaster).

I think the ADV 150 scooter would be a big step in the right direction - a more robust looking scooter a guy wouldn't feel embarrassed on, even without any real off-road potential. The industry needs more new riders, and scooters may be a big part of the answer.
Honda recently reached selling its 400 millionth motorcycle vehicle this year, and its 100 millionth in the past five years. Target markets probably matter a lot, so distribution of those figures will varying across the globe.

Best Car Comparison Tool - Side-By-Side Car Size Comparison Driving

https://canadamotoguide.com/2019/12/...0-motorcycles/
 
Let me whisper to Honda's ear: bring 2020 CB 1300cc & 400cc to Canada and US to reach your 1/2 billionth faster .
Let me know if someone says no
:)
 
Sounds like you would ante up for the 400 and 1300?

Wha 'bout the CBX wet dream PB?

peterbaron_imp said:
Let me whisper to Honda's ear: bring 2020 CB 1300cc & 400cc to Canada and US to reach your 1/2 billionth faster .
Let me know if someone says no
:)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Sounds like you would ante up for the 400 and 1300?

Wha 'bout the CBX wet dream PB?

peterbaron_imp said:
Let me whisper to Honda's ear: bring 2020 CB 1300cc & 400cc to Canada and US to reach your 1/2 billionth faster .
Let me know if someone says no
:)
I meant these in actual production, otherwise would be +2: CBX & naked GW
...and 1/2 billionth+1 would be achieved after GO buys Africa Twin :D
 
I sent an email to Honda US Friday and received a response today. It's pretty much a generic reply saying they appreciate any feedback from customers. At least it's a response.

Now, just to start sending a weekly email. I invite those that lust for the Super Four models to be brought stateside and to Canada do the same.
 
Thanks for the great photos. Been without a bike for half a year now and just bought a SR400. Would really love to see that CB400 come to the US.
 
Back
Top