honda #4 or yamabond

fishmitch_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I'm rebuilding a kawasaki kx125 for a friend and there was sealant ,no gasket,between the crankcase halves. some of you oldy mechanics like myself,now called technicians,can you tell me what is good sealant to use there. i was thinking maybe some honda #4 . it might make it more reliable,but i don't want to have to tear it down again. thanx in advance.
 
Back in the day when I rebuilt bikes as a hobby, I always used Yamabond on all the Japanese brands.
It can be difficult to get at times...........The guys at the parts desk told me they sell more to the H-D guys than
anyone else. His comment made me smile.
 
The Yamabond is more of a liquid while the Hondabond is more like a paste. I believe they are both made by Three Bond.
Either is to be applied as sparingly as possible.
Just remember, what you see squeezing out of the joint on the outside, the same amount is squeezing out on the inside....the only substance you want on the inside is oil.
 
Back
Top