Home-made Accessory

3rdbike_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I decided the owners manual deserved something better than a cheesy lil' plastic bag. Hence, my effort at a new and improved 'Protector, Owners Manual'.

289aa5fe88654a64c91164d0e9b6c142.jpg

Simple, unassuming....

aa3b55c8fc0613456e69bc8893f168ed.jpg

The back is made of thick leather to prevent folding, spindling
or mutilating.

7364bc60df8359eb0d7311cc2f611b02.jpg

But still presents a slim profile

1f8d157008c69fca237169efc75ead1d.jpg

Made to keep the manual looking like this.

e6ef3c67a6e959bbaad686f0905484cf.jpg

Just enough room for the manual, registration and insurance papers.
I hope the Officer of the Law will be impressed and be lenient. :blush:
 
The officer (you're assuming may stop you) may... A) think you're poor if its TOO homemade looking or B) think you're rich (because I've never seen such luxury with a cyclist) and figure you could afford a ticket.

I'd go with B because it looks REAL nice (but I'd give you a break since it's a Honda CB1100)! :)
 
Thread starter
stateboy_imp said:
The officer (you're assuming may stop you) may... A) think you're poor if its TOO homemade looking or B) think you're rich (because I've never seen such luxury with a cyclist) and figure you could afford a ticket.

I'd go with B because it looks REAL nice (but I'd give you a break since it's a Honda CB1100)! :)

Ha ha!! Thanks, Stateboy! :thumbsup:
chync_imp said:
Looks like manual labor to me :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was, chync. But it was good practice for my limited stitching skills. Those were just scrap pieces and the challenge for me was to make a 'fitted' enclosure. It took some careful measuring and stitching, but the end result is a nice snug fit.
My next project is a set of saddlebags for the bike.
 
Hey 3rd,

Chync was making a joke. You know manual (as in owners) :)

Normally someone, like me, would post—Chync, I see what you did there ;)
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Hey 3rd,

Chync was making a joke. You know manual (as in owners) :)

Normally someone, like me, would post—Chync, I see what you did there ;)
:rofl: Popgun and Chync, yeah, I get the joke! It didn't occur to me right away because down here our SouthWest culture is heavily influenced by Spanish. I know a number of guys name 'Manual' or 'Manuel', 'Manny' for short. So our play on words is, "Guess I'll have to use some good ol' 'Manuel' labor on this one."
 
3rdbike_imp said:
I decided the owners manual deserved something better than a cheesy lil' plastic bag. Hence, my effort at a new and improved 'Protector, Owners Manual'.

289aa5fe88654a64c91164d0e9b6c142.jpg

Simple, unassuming....

aa3b55c8fc0613456e69bc8893f168ed.jpg

The back is made of thick leather to prevent folding, spindling
or mutilating.

7364bc60df8359eb0d7311cc2f611b02.jpg

But still presents a slim profile

1f8d157008c69fca237169efc75ead1d.jpg

Made to keep the manual looking like this.

e6ef3c67a6e959bbaad686f0905484cf.jpg

Just enough room for the manual, registration and insurance papers.
I hope the Officer of the Law will be impressed and be lenient. :blush:
That is just too nice to put under the seat!
 
It IS nice! And befitting a bike as great as the CB 1100
 
Back
Top