Holie Crappy MPG's, Batman!

Nemo_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Last Friday commute to/from office (32 mi, some traffic) and Saturday's round trip JAX-St. Augustine for the monthly match (75mi, chill traffic) and according to its instruments I got 38.5 MPG. :dodgy: Not far from what I get from my wife's TSX.

Still makes me feel like :excited: so "who cares?"

:banana:

There will be alotta stops on the way to VA. :biker:
 
never seen anything below 50 mpg. You do that trip in 3rd gear or something?
 
I get 35-38 in town hitting signals, stop signs and traffic. It sucks. Now on the open road I get 45-50mpg easy if I don't have to stop every minute :) My commute I have about 25 signals and I usually hit 15 of them. This bike hates to idle, sucks up gas.
 
Thread starter
mininsx_imp said:
I've never seen mileage that bad on mine. How did you figure it?
I didn't do any math. That's what the instruments said.
The ferret_imp said:
never seen anything below 50 mpg. You do that trip in 3rd gear or something?
Friday's commute back home I was caught in rush hour pretty heavy traffic (went home by Arlington Expressway then Atlantic Blvd for those familiar with JAX [Redbirds]).

Then Saturday morning I was running a little late so I rushed it down I95.

Not typical riding days for me, but still 38 sucks.
 
On my Death Valley trip I had some real sucky mileage stretches; mostly due to nasty wind.
 
I usually get in the 50s easily on the highway. I find idling seems to kill our mileage, going over 150kph also seems to make it fall right off compared to the 120-140kph range -- at least on a 2013.
 
The ferret_imp said:
never seen anything below 50 mpg. You do that trip in 3rd gear or something?
Unless I measure it in UK MPG, I very rarely see anything over 50 mpg! I average 44 and the worst I've ever got was 30!
 
Not to belittle it but at $1.50 a gallon who cares if 38 or 50 mpg. Twist that throttle and get your self some wee ha!


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Wow we are back to $ 1.90 a gal here.

I never try to achieve any particular mpg, it just happens.
 
I filled up for $1.34/gallon in Richmond yesterday! I'm SO glad that $50 fills up my 36 gallon tanks on my F-150 now! I was really hating the days of $115 fill ups a few years ago!
 
Out West where you next gas station can be at the fume limit of your range, gas mileage matters. It's no fun walking.
 
You guys can stop with the gas prices. It's still $2.09 here. CA has the screws to us for gas prices.
 
We're still paying the equivalent of $2.45USD/gallon here in Canada. Even with the crappy Dollar, it still makes my fill ups on US trips seem crazy small.
 
Geez, you blokes are lucky. Petrol is around US$2.9 per US gallon here. And it's much cheaper now than it was a year ago.
 
I think I pay over $2 a gallon for premium gasoline (93 octane). 87 octane is significantly cheaper but the owners manual recommends 91 octane minimum. Is performance/fuel efficiency affected by using low octane fuel?
 
Back
Top