Holding a line

ohiorider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
My 2014 CB does amaze me in one aspect in particular ....... specifically, how it rolls into a turn and subsequently holds the line.

I don't know if it is specifically the bike's rake/trail/etc, or in large part due to the oem tires, but this bike inspires a lot of confidence in me when I take on some familiar twists and turns. She doesn't steer too lightly, but seems to be 'just right' when entering a turn marked '40 mph' at 60 mph.

No drama, just a secure feeling as she grooves thru the turn.

I'm beginning to gain an appreciation for this heavyweight that feels like a lightweight once she's rolling!

Bob
 
Diddo Bob. The CB is as steady as an anvil regardless of what the road is doing the closer you get to triple digits.
 
ohiorider_imp said:
My 2014 CB does amaze me in one aspect in particular ....... specifically, how it rolls into a turn and subsequently holds the line.

I don't know if it is specifically the bike's rake/trail/etc, or in large part due to the oem tires, but this bike inspires a lot of confidence in me when I take on some familiar twists and turns. She doesn't steer too lightly, but seems to be 'just right' when entering a turn marked '40 mph' at 60 mph.

No drama, just a secure feeling as she grooves thru the turn.

I'm beginning to gain an appreciation for this heavyweight that feels like a lightweight once she's rolling!

Bob
When I first got the CB it was easily the heaviest bike I've ever owned or ridden.
The weight bothered me a bit at first, but it didn't take long to become one with the bike - and as you have found, once rolling, it's light and great in the curves.
 
It's one heck of a fun bike to ride, especially in the mountains. I agree, it does feel just right. Wish my VFR800, felt that way in the mountains. Oh, I also think that part of that positive feed is the fact that it's got great torque. You're not having to constantly shifting to find the right gear. Love it.
 
bigsheep_imp said:
I know people who think of our bike as light and agile. Depends where you're coming from I guess...

I think it's light and agile. After riding my 700 pound ST for a week, the CB feels like a super moto. It's also super easy to back out of the garage compared to the ST. All a matter of perspective I guess.
 
felt very top heavy when i first got it but not so much anymore unless i lean in way over or climb on the CB750 . I certainly pay close attention to sand , slipper surfaces etc
 
Looking at the Z900RS to possibly replace my 2013 CB. Have to see what they say about the bike once it’s released.
I know the recent Z900 gets good praise so maybe that will transfer over Tom this new RS version. I’m sure it’s destuned a bit but still looks to be a tic or two stronger than the CB and lighter by 100lbs.
I like the CB but it feels too heavy for me coming from a Street Triple. Might like it more once I get rid of the stock seat though.
We’ll see.
 
jdvalero_imp said:
I had an anvil fall on my big toe once! No kidding!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Were you attempting to catch a roadrunner at the time?

f488faf08269c8449e41595dc532044d.jpg
 
Flynrider_imp said:
jdvalero_imp said:
I had an anvil fall on my big toe once! No kidding!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Were you attempting to catch a roadrunner at the time?

f488faf08269c8449e41595dc532044d.jpg
Were you attempting to catch a roadrunner at the time?

9d403cce4c6f48e168b67e582498cce8.jpg
Not unless my toe was the road runner.... I was bending some steel making a guitar stand for an ex...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top