Highway pegs - 5$ a piece ?

The Gecko_imp

Been there
Thread starter
The sw-motech engine guard is almost begging for some home-built, comfy, elegant highway pegs. My requirements
- cheap
- solid (won't bend forward, sideways or down) under my heels,
- easy to install and remove
- good (not cheap) looking
- good position for my long legs (slightly forward of headers)

The design is done, homedepot parts brought home, assembly and testing in the coming days. Details useful for anybody ?
 
Yes, please. Information is always helpful.
 
Thread starter
Paint is drying on the first pieces, and I am waiting for 2 small parts (kindly provided by Amazon for 5$ each, the rest out of my garage). I could do without the Amazon parts, but by chance they have the right size, and match the color of my CB. So photos and descriptions will follow as soon as all comes together, presumably Wednesday. Thanks for your interest ;)
 
Pics or it didn’t happen! :D

Wait, I have a bunch of stuff in my garage. Sooooo, a u clamp and a piece of rod and I’m in like Flint? ;) But I have black paint.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Pics or it didn’t happen! :D

Wait, I have a bunch of stuff in my garage. Sooooo, a u clamp and a piece of rod and I’m in like Flint? ;) But I have black paint.
Read my last post again .... to the very end ....
:clap:
 
Gecko!
Hunstville is not far from me in Murfreesboro. Maybe we will see one another on the road sometime. I have a friend who used to ride a couple of hours to me and I buy him a light lunch. Then I would ride back with him and eat again. Then home alone by dark. Did it several times in good weather like October. Made for a good day of riding. We never took the same route twice.
 
Thread starter
That wouldn't surprise me, in summer temps Guntersville lake is where we cool off after a (admittedly shorter) ride.
Lot's of good food I guess ;)
 
Thread starter
Here are those famous pics ... let me know if you can figure it out.
Only the last picture needs a little explanation.

1) the engine guard, naked


2) the final product at 5$ each (may be 7.50 all considered)


3) Materials from my garage and tool box, a handle bar grip from Amazon (I hope you note the nice color match), and a bit of good metal paint.


4) under the hood
No welding needed, but one of the two angle irons needs to be bend, the PVC tube cut as shown, and some glue to fill up the gaps


5) Final peg installed, no tools needed to install or remove. It will not bend or give under the pressure of your boots. If you wonder (and can't see) why it will not rotate forward, ask ! The prototype has been tested for about 350 miles.
 
Thread starter
The A-man_imp said:
Nice bit of engineering, Gecko!
It's even nicer then you might think. As solid as it is, it folds backwards in a drop-n-slide without hurting your feet or ankles. Thanks for your kind words ;)
 
Back
Top