HIGHLY recommended!

With more than one bike (sometimes 8 ! ) I found it cheaper to buy the best winter gloves I could find.
Two years ago I bought the Held 2 chamber winter gloves and they are very nice without being bulky.
Probably not as warm as heated grips but warm enough for me.
 
I purchased a set of the Honda grip heaters from Mr. T (I think about $275'ish with the CB1100 interface - which was better than e-bay pricing). I've read through the instructions and the install does seem time consuming but not overly difficult. I'm also swapping the tank and bars so hopefully doing it all in one big project shouldn't be too bad.
 
The Canadian 2017 CB1100 EXs do not come with heated grips.
That does not bother me as I only ride for pleasure.
It has to be 55F before I would start out in the morning.

It is currently -16C/3F in Ottawa.
The 20 to 35 KPH/12 to 22 MPH winds make it feel like -26C/-15F.
I hate to think how cold it would be on a motorcycle in 100 KPH/60 MPH winds.

This is the first day since January 7th that I have decided not to go for my daily walk on the local nature trail.
 
The OE heated grips on a NC750X that I rented were superior to any BMW heated grip I've ever owned. Warm, Hot, and Too Hot. BMW grips are lukewarm by comparison.
 
I have the factory Honda heated grips kit I installed on my CB. They work extremely well, I never run them on full heat. They light up red. Nobody even knows they are there unless I tell them. They do not detract from the old look.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I also recommend Honda OEM heated grips. I have them on my 2015 EX. Really warm if needed.
Never used the highest setting yet.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
The OE heated grips on a NC750X that I rented were superior to any BMW heated grip I've ever owned. Warm, Hot, and Too Hot. BMW grips are lukewarm by comparison.
The BMW R1200R I rented in Europe had 2 heat settings on the heated grips (1) can't feel and (2) that burns)
 
Thread starter
mickey, the heat settings on my R1200R's grips were 1. Can't feel them. 2. Not great, but better than nothing.

The monstrosities on my Triumph had a "too hot" setting, like these new OEM Honda grips. Still, if the weather is cold enough and the gloves aren't warm enough, there is no setting that's too hot for me. The more, the merrier. Bring it on.

Can't believe everyone but me has a red light on their Honda grips. Why is mine green? I want red, dadgummit!
 
VLJ_imp said:
Acrobat_imp said:
VLJ the indicator light on my heated grips is Honda red ( European version ? )
:@
:@
Oh jeez, the feeling of having grip-envy after just installing new grips must sting about as bad as riding without heated grips on a sub 40º F day. :rofl:

Okay, so maybe it's not that bad, but your response definitely required some sort of subsequent response. :D I'm guessing on really cold riding days that little light could glow hot-pink and it really wouldn't matter, lol.
 
Thread starter
Guth, it's just a pebble in the shoe kinda thing. I love looking at my dash. I love everything about it. I would love it even more if only that new little light to the left glowed a matching Honda red, and knowing that it does just that in other markers seems like some sort of cruel cosmic joke.

"Okay, VLJ, you've been a good boy. You've waited long enough for this bike. So, okay, we're going to let you have everything you've always wanted...almost. Because that's how we roll."
 
VLJ I have good news for you. That thing with light indicator color made me suspicious so I give a call to my friend Mitsuyoshi ( you know..Mr. Kohama ). I told him that a friend of mine have this problem and I also post him your photos. He laughed loudly (you know this Japanese laugh..) and told me : tell your friend that he is very lucky because this is the upgraded version of our heated grips that is much more efficient than the old red light version.:thumbsup:
Just between us he also gave me a small tip:"I think he is a nice guy so tell him that if he also install the RLETS the controller of the grips is programmed to change the color from green (he didn't want to say the word Kawi..) to Honda red..:celebrate::celebrate:
 
Thread starter
Yeah, yeah, yuk it up at the goofball noob's expense, but you're actually not wrong. Supposedly my green-light grips are a new, upgraded, warmer version. The Parts Manager who ordered them from Honda had to special order the control module, which is apparently the third-generation module for those particular grips.

Still, make no mistake, if adding RLETs to my bike would change that light to Honda red, I'd condom up those bad boys in no time flat.
 
Just sell that junk bike already...what, it's been like 3 days....I may have a buyer for you.
 
I'm glad I don't have the 'upgraded' green ones- the red ones are already too hot on the high setting.

If I were you- I'd have to buy the red set and switch em out as the green would drive me CRAZY...

But this is coming from the guy that switched both the switch controls to the 'old' style because the '14 model had ugly big grey buttons, switched my blinkers because the '14 had *small* blinkers...as well as several other period correct changes. Plastic chain guard? Bleh. Black grab brackets under the seat? Bleh. The seat itself? What- no grain and tuck roll? Bleh. Etc, etc... all gone.

:)
 
VLJ_imp said:
Yep, if there is a way to change that green clear plastic to red, I will eventually do it.
Are you anti-Irish?!
 
Thread starter
Ooh, now that would have been cool, this same bike in a gorgeous Kelly green! No problem there with leaving the light green.
 
Thread starter
Hey, the U.S. flag includes some red, so I'm good. So does Japan's flag. And Honda's, if they had one.
 
I have a early Honda heated grips and mine get very warm, as I remember my dealer also said they had to use a lot of time to install.
 
Back
Top