Higher seat and windshield recommendations

Hittheroad_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I need a more comfy seat and I little higher too. What seat is the best? What's your opinion? Pros and cons?

Here are the choices that I like.

K&H high double seat. A,S-1102A or the Corbin seat?
http://www.samurider.com/?p=13091/#itemImage
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda CB1100 | 800-538-7035

Does anyone have the Chic Design Road comet. I really like the looks but I was wondering about fit and finish. How well does the paint match?
ChicDesign:Road comet fairing [1], 2010-2013 CB1100 | Samurider.com

Thanks for all your imput.
 
You should do a quick search of the forums because several riders have all of the items you are looking at and there has been considerable discussion about them.

Personally, I purchsed the K&H HI seat you linked to. I ordered through Samurider. I'm 6' with a 30" inseam. You can read my review of the seat here.

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=736&highlight=corbin]This is one of the threads that talks about the Corbin seat.

Paint match on the road comet appears to be identical to factory paint according to several owners (both red and silver). Check out [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29&highlight=road+comet]this thread for info and discussion on the Road Comet
 
And if you should consider the Daytona Cozy seat listed on Webike, search this forum first. That seat comes in 2 heights and Webike doesn't come out and tell you that.

Some other folks on the forum are taking their stock seats to an upholster to add height, another thing to consider.

Good luck
 
this is an old thread and Hittheroads bike is for sale in the classifieds. Not sure if it has been sold yet.

CB1100 Forum
 
Had my seat re-built by Sargent Cycles, 70s pleated style, raised an inch and super-cell foam all for $200. The seat is very comfortable and the quality is very good. Using a GIVI A604 fairing and it keeps the wind off my chest.
 
Thread starter
Wow! This brings back some memories! A lot of things can change in a year and a half! I went with the K&H high seat, that was a great fit and quality. I did not get the road comet because I've decided it looks better naked. But then they had to come out with the DLX in 14. Changed up my whole game plan!! Now I have two! Although the 13 is still up for sale, I don't really mind having two CB's. There are things I like about both.
 
Back
Top