itsme67_imp said:
Since a few weeks I'm a happy owner of a black CB 1100 EX
and rode till now the 1500 km.
The CB runs absolutely great and makes a hell of fun. But I noticed that up to about 140km / h, the bike is great on the road, while above 160 km / h I got the impression that the CB becomes a bit unstable. I drive solo and bring with me 185m about 90 kg on the scales. Reasons could be of course the fork & shock absorber settings. But I also suspect the Dunlop D205 as a source of the problem.
How is it with you? Do you have the fork & shock absorbers adjusted differently? And maybe someone has a direct comparison of other tires with regard stability?
I have the same "issue" as you, dunno if its a real issue or more a point of critique, but I made a topic about this as well, didnt notice you started one before.
Electronic speed limiter worldwide applied? European CB1100EX owner here
Whats the nature of your unstability you are refering too? Mine is a slight wobble of the handlebar...
Everything is still stock, except for a Road Comet windscreen with a high Aero touring shield.
And the moment I noticed that at topspeed (171km/h = 107mph) there was a lot of wind, 35km/h = (22mph)
EDIT:
hmmmm, most important, I did forget to mention that I did ride with a huge topcase, 55 litre Givi E55 Maxia 3 :blush:
I assume this could cause the front to wobble at high speed?