High performance mods?.

Kawiboy_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I am aware of the reflash, the power commander, the full exhaust systems and the intake snorkel mod. What else is out there?. Do we have drop-in cams yet?. I know porting is good for HP, but only if cams are available. As for you "that is not what this bike was intended for" types, please hold back your comments. I like power and love this bike, I WANT MORE!.
 
Kawiboy..I have not seen any cams available for this bike yet. You can alter gearing to make the power it does have immediately available at the expense of lower top end speed, but what you have mentioned is all I have seen posted about for this bike.
 
Kawiboy, that's not what this bike was intended for; but, hey, it's yours and you can do what you like with it. Please keep us all posted on anything new you find out. From many previous threads, there are lots of members interested.
 
I wouldn't be surprised it there are sources for high performance components in Japan, perhaps Samurider can point the way?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Obviously he doesn't know about the power of RLETS yet. Keep it a secret from him. That's right, they don't drop in, they slide on - nevermind. But you could, drop in a hemi or figure how to attach a supercharger, but that's not a drop in either. The tank might get in the way.
 
Webike shows a big bore kit, but I couldn't find any cams there.
 
Kawi,

I think it's great that you want to get all you can from the CB1100. Keep us posted. Half of the guys that give you crap will end up doing the mod's you discover!!
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Don't think that kit's for our CB's.
I looked again. You are right.
 
yah, I think the bike is well balanced. I have modified my bike for comfort and looks. The slipon and the O2 resister plug for better sound and throttle. Most mods were done first by forum members, then I tried them. I like the idea of CB owners pushing the project even further..
 
I enjoy reading about performance upgrades for the CB tried by forum members and more power to them. For me, the CB is perfect as is.
 
Tripod_imp said:
Kawi,

I think it's great that you want to get all you can from the CB1100. Keep us posted. Half of the guys that give you crap will end up doing the mod's you discover!!
Maybe, but I doubt it. You don't see cows running at Saratoga. They are not built for it. Without changing the character of the bike it is difficult to see where any significant power gains, above and beyond those made by, for example, Ridem32, could be made. A cam? Yes but the stroke is all wrong. A blower or turbo? NO2? For sure. Anything is possible, after all it is only a machine. However, the most cost effective solution is to swap out the motor. Assuming this could be done, and it surely can, would the transmission take, say, 150HP? The frame and suspension would need modification. The end result could be something like this:




So my view is, assuming mods were made that don't change the essential character of the CB, something in the 100 - 120HP would be possible. Brings it into the range of the FJR I rode to the CB rally. Not mind altering stuff. Would the expense involved be worth it? Up to the doer I guess. Can you make the cow go faster? Well, if you put the cow on a diet, and with a capable jockey, yes.

Cheers
 
I'll be interested to hear how this pans out. The conventional wisdom for going faster is to fix the suspension before worrying about the engine.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I'll be interested to hear how this pans out. The conventional wisdom for going faster is to fix the suspension before worrying about the engine.
Very interesting indeed. This forum throws up some occasional surprises so maybe Kawiboy will come up with the goods. Kawi, please keep us up to date with your plan. How much do you plan on getting out of the mill that sits there now?

Cheers
 
Mods are part of the journey and that's cool with me, I'll be interested to see how things pan out for you.
I just don't have the engineering knowledge to attempt to improve on what a group of dudes at Honda have put together.
If the Minister of Finance could be convinced i would not mind having a 19 year old CBR1100 in the shed just checked "bikesales.com.au" four to five grand should do it. At the other end of the spectrum XL650v or XL1000v would round out my wish list ticking the boxes and would seek out a unmodified sock bike when on the hunt for another set of wheels.
I happy with what I've got.
I am interested in following the modification journey and all the best.
 
Back
Top