HIBERNATION

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
I REGRET:@ to inform all bikers that my CB already is in a sleeping mode until spring 2018.
It was a very poor season, with only 7ooo km :s and I anxiously am looking forward to my 2018 European adventure:banana:


pb
 
That is so sad looking.
 
Mine are worse -- they stand there shivering all winter without a blanket. The faint green glow of the Battery Tender gives me some comfort that they're cared for and safely tucked in, but it's a pathetic sight.
 
I removed the dust cover today, and started winter maintenance:
Added stabilizer to a full tank of gas.
Oil and filter changed.
Cleaned and waxed the chain.

Tomorrow the battery will be removed and set on a warm shelf in the basement.
At 40F degrees it’s too cold to give Miss Piggy a bath.
But I may try to polish the dried bugs off the headers.

Everything else will have to wait until spring.
Bought the 2017 Edition of the Honda Service Manual.
So lots of reading to do over the winter before I tackle anything else.
At my age I would have preferred not to do the maintenance.
But I have not been impressed with my Dealer’s Service Department.
As my dad used to say, “If you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself.”
 
Dear Canadian brothers (and sisters if there are any lurking),

I've always wanted to visit your country. It appears there are many parts that are stunningly beautiful and that there are lots of interesting things to do. I also suspect there is much my country can learn from yours—but that's a conversation for another time and place.

Living as I do in a country where all-year round is possible—except perhaps for our Antarctic territories where all-year round non riding is the norm—I'd like to offer you my condolences for the sadness of having to put your bikes to bed for months on end. I suppose the consolation is that we can look forward to lots of thoughtful and conversation provoking posts on this forum while you have lots of spare time.

Best wishes
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Dear Canadian brothers (and sisters if there are any lurking),

I've always wanted to visit your country. It appears there are many parts that are stunningly beautiful and that there are lots of interesting things to do. I also suspect there is much my country can learn from yours—but that's a conversation for another time and place.

Living as I do in a country where all-year round is possible—except perhaps for our Antarctic territories where all-year round non riding is the norm—I'd like to offer you my condolences for the sadness of having to put your bikes to bed for months on end. I suppose the consolation is that we can look forward to lots of thoughtful and conversation provoking posts on this forum while you have lots of spare time.

Best wishes
:rofl: Thanks for that....I think :D :D :D
I spent three weeks in your beautiful country during January and February, and had the time of my life, so I know of which you speak.
We do indeed have beautiful scenery and wonderful roads to ride, but alas, we also have a fairy brutal winter (insert weeping smilie) so no riding for nearly six months depending on location.
Since there's nothing we can do about that, we just grin and bear it until next April - and chit chat here on the forum.
Some turn to winter sports as I did as a much younger man, so for them it's just a change of hobbies, but for me and many of us, it's a long wait until April.
I have a pair of gaiters so maybe this winter I'll get busy and install them on the CB - like I should have done last winter :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Dear Canadian brothers (and sisters if there are any lurking),

I've always wanted to visit your country. It appears there are many parts that are stunningly beautiful and that there are lots of interesting things to do. I also suspect there is much my country can learn from yours—but that's a conversation for another time and place.

Living as I do in a country where all-year round is possible—except perhaps for our Antarctic territories where all-year round non riding is the norm—I'd like to offer you my condolences for the sadness of having to put your bikes to bed for months on end. I suppose the consolation is that we can look forward to lots of thoughtful and conversation provoking posts on this forum while you have lots of spare time.

Best wishes
As always I'm blown away by your excellent writing style and your sense of humor! I really envy your English.

Saying that, it's a pity for sure that you have to ride all the year, thus having so much less time for writing those brilliant posts.

:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Dear Canadian brothers (and sisters if there are any lurking),

I've always wanted to visit your country. It appears there are many parts that are stunningly beautiful and that there are lots of interesting things to do. I also suspect there is much my country can learn from yours—but that's a conversation for another time and place.

Living as I do in a country where all-year round is possible—except perhaps for our Antarctic territories where all-year round non riding is the norm—I'd like to offer you my condolences for the sadness of having to put your bikes to bed for months on end. I suppose the consolation is that we can look forward to lots of thoughtful and conversation provoking posts on this forum while you have lots of spare time.

Best wishes
Hi sunshine island habitat....

Do not provoke...LOL...
I am schedule to visit my best/longest known friend in Adelaide, travel to Sydney and Coral Sea shore in August, 2018 (was already postponed 3x. no tickets yet)...and if I see CB1100 with Cormanus plate, I will hijack it and travel around entire Australia :rofl::biker:, make sure your tank is FULL with attached map of gas stations, please.... the rest, I'll take care of myself...no kidding ...LOL...

Cheers to all Roo Riders:hello:
pb
 
Fortunately I have other interests that help me pass the winter.

I have large scale trains that friends and I run outdoors during the summer. In the winter I install a lithium-ion batteries, radio control and sound in them. These projects can burn up more time than a computer.

There is a nature trail along the Jock River near my home that I walk every day possible in the winter. Fresh air, sunshine and exercise keeps the winter blues at bay.

Winter is also the time I spend overhauling my fishing gear. Lubing the reels and changing the line if needed. Removing the lures that fish found unattractive, and cleaning or replacing the ones that did.

Christmas is a great excuse to buy motorcycle accessories. Perhaps this winter this old tight wad will spring for a rear rack and engine guards.

And finally winter is hockey season, Canada's favourite pastime. A thousand TV channels not worth watching, except for the sport channels.
 
Django, thank you for the kind words. They’re appreciated, particularly when the quality control of that post was so poor that I missed a critical word. I, on the other hand, am full of awe with your ability to speak at least two languages and of your remarkable ability in the second of them.

Peterbaron, let me know if your trip to Australia comes off. Family commitments often take me away in August and I’m 1000 kms north of Sydney. But if I’m here it would be good to see if we could meet up.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Django, thank you for the kind words. They’re appreciated, particularly when the quality control of that post was so poor that I missed a critical word. I, on the other hand, am full of awe with your ability to speak at least two languages and of your remarkable ability in the second of them.

Peterbaron, let me know if your trip to Australia comes off. Family commitments often take me away in August and I’m 1000 kms north of Sydney. But if I’m here it would be good to see if we could meet up.
THANK YOU, for the invitation...perhaps two continents can come to see each other..
...and .. if you will be in Canada (my area)..you are very welcome in my house:beerchug::hello:...before I become toooo old...:rofl:
Regards,
pb
 
Back
Top