Hi Guys just about to buy one

Adventure boy_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just about to buy a 2019 CB1100 EX in the red and trade my 2016 T100 fully farkled Bonneville in for it

couple of questions please guys

does anyone know who makes a 4 into 1 Exhaust for this model that not a fortune or can I fit the 4 into 1 manifold /headers from the earlier model and fit a decent end can ??

Whats the re sale like on these ? the bike im looking at has been for sale for a couple of months despite only having some 800 miles on it, ive noticed a lot are still on ebay that have been there for some time the Bonneville ive had 5 or 6 offers from dealers all around the same price and almost the same as what i paid for it so not lost a load of money on that bike which makes a pleasent change

Cheers Guys
Rob
 
Welcome to the forum, Adventure boy.
 
AB, I can’t offer a suggestion on the 4 into 1 but here in the US the CB was not a strong seller and resale prices have been a bit soft. As long as you don’t consider any motorcycle purchase as an investment and instead simply buy one for the sheer pleasure and pride of ownership, build quality, and riding experience, the CB is tough to beat.
 
:hello: Howdy and welcome to the forum

Interesting what you said about the Triumph resale. My brother has a 2016 T-120. Paid $12,500 + taxes for the thing. Our local dealer had a used one just like it on the floor earlier this year with 8,000 miles and it sat there forever with them asking $8400. Think they finally sold it for $7500.
 
In certain parts of the country, resale is very strong. I just sold mine a couple of months ago and had tons of interest, including people saying they were looking for my specific bike for months (mine was a '13 non-abs).
 
Adventure boy_imp said:
Just about to buy a 2019 CB1100 EX in the red and trade my 2016 T100 fully farkled Bonneville in for it

couple of questions please guys

does anyone know who makes a 4 into 1 Exhaust for this model that not a fortune or can I fit the 4 into 1 manifold /headers from the earlier model and fit a decent end can ??

Whats the re sale like on these ? the bike im looking at has been for sale for a couple of months despite only having some 800 miles on it, ive noticed a lot are still on ebay that have been there for some time the Bonneville ive had 5 or 6 offers from dealers all around the same price and almost the same as what i paid for it so not lost a load of money on that bike which makes a pleasent change

Cheers Guys
Rob
Welcome to the best forum on the internet, at least I think so. I think you will love your CB 1100. I have one with 4 into 2, and a 4 into 1. They actually ride differently from each other, but I will not sale either one. Smoothest bike I have ever ridden. Not the fastest, but the smoothest. Even as it gets hot here in South Texas, I still try to ride everyday! Again, Welcome!
 
michael1954_imp said:
Adventure boy_imp said:
Just about to buy a 2019 CB1100 EX in the red and trade my 2016 T100 fully farkled Bonneville in for it

couple of questions please guys

does anyone know who makes a 4 into 1 Exhaust for this model that not a fortune or can I fit the 4 into 1 manifold /headers from the earlier model and fit a decent end can ??

Whats the re sale like on these ? the bike im looking at has been for sale for a couple of months despite only having some 800 miles on it, ive noticed a lot are still on ebay that have been there for some time the Bonneville ive had 5 or 6 offers from dealers all around the same price and almost the same as what i paid for it so not lost a load of money on that bike which makes a pleasent change

Cheers Guys
Rob
Welcome to the best forum on the internet, at least I think so. I think you will love your CB 1100. I have one with 4 into 2, and a 4 into 1. They actually ride differently from each other, but I will not sale either one. Smoothest bike I have ever ridden. Not the fastest, but the smoothest. Even as it gets hot here in South Texas, I still try to ride everyday! Again, Welcome!
Welcome to the best forum on the internet, at least I think so. I think you will love your CB 1100. Again, Welcome!
Ditto everything above, I have not been as active on this forum as I would like due to other commitments, but without a doubt, the best FORUM there is and possibly ever was! I have not had the pleasure to meat any, but words matter and I have never heard a bad one once EVER, even if there is a difference of opinion! It is mentioned and everyone respectfully moves on. Moderators don't do anything here. Hats off to all. Welcome aboard!
 
Thread starter
Cheers Guys Ive held off for a while as I really love the oldness of the Bonnie ans as its got everything Id want on a bike like this Id be hard pushed to replace it if i did not think the CB was as good I realise it will be quicker and smoother but the bonnie has such soul its hard to part with although not the best bike to hang onto at 80mph which is where I feel the CB would be better
Ive watched all the youtube videos on the CB and as lots seem to love them lots seem to say they are a bit drab I dont get that on the Bonnie aothough its a lot less power
I think I need to test ride one but just cant find one anywhere near to me !!
Rob
 
Thread starter
Did it pulled the trigger the new CB will be here Wednesday afternoon
looking forward to getting it now
Will try to post some pictures when its here
 
Well done AB. Look forward to pictures and impressions.
 
Welcome Adventure Boy -

I too had an aircooled 865 Bonneville (2012 Thruxton) and while I loved that bike, the CB1100 is leaps and bounds above the aircooled Bonnies. The CB1100's fit, finish, features and performance are more comparable to the watercooled 1200 Bonnies which are amazing bikes too.

Where I think the CB falters is it doesn't have a quarter of the aftermarket support that the Triumphs do so you have to be very creative when customizing these bikes if that's your thing. I also think if it had more aftermarket support it would be a stronger seller because at this price point many buyers are looking for a bike as a canvas, and the Triumphs have tons of parts out there to "make it your own."

But either way, I've had both and I enjoy the CB1100 so much more. Its all day comfortable, handles great, and is very versatile. Enjoy!
 
Congrats AB and welcome to the forum! Sweet looking ride there.

I have an '08 T-100 which I have done quite a bit of work to. When I got the CB It was intended as the "mule" bike but it has grown on me every ride. As much as it is "superior" in nearly every way to the Triumph if I was forced to clean my building of all but one bike, the Triumph would remain.
 
Thread starter
Well the bike arrived today at about 3pm and the T100 went into the back of the delivery van, I was a bit sad to see it go as I liked the Triumph I do chop and change my bikes quite a lot ive got 4 at the moment so dont grow attached to them really.
it was about 33 degrees here today and too hot to put on my riding gear so I took it into the garage fitted the smaller number plate, sat nav, optimate lead and gave it a nice polish and ceramic coated the paintwork, about 8pm it was a bit cooler so had to take the bike out for its first ride

well all I can say is wow from the youtube reports youd be forgiven to believe the bike is sluggish, slow heavy and boring well unless something has been done to mine which I very much doubt given its only done 800 miles from new then the youtube reports are simply crap
this thing pulls hard sits at well over motorway speeds with ease corners very well its smooth and after a fill up and sedate ride home fighting the millions of flying insects with a dark tint visor that had to be open it was returning 60mpg the fit and finish is very nice the moral of the story is dont believe everything you see on youtube get off your arse and go for a test ride make up your own mind
much nicer to be overwhelmed as I was than underwhelmed as I thiought i would be, lovely bike very happy with it, ill get a fly screen for it or a nice retro 80s front fairing, alarm, and look into modifying the exhaust cans for a little added volume

Rob
 
Another satisfied customer ... :beerchug:
 
Good stuff Adventure boy, speed and relaxed ride are all subjective things, no such thing as the perfect bike.
Having driven a cb900 hornet it is slower to overtake but you simply adjust the riding style and enjoy.
Thinking about ceramic coating myself, what do you think and which one do you use?
 
Adventure boy_imp said:
Well the bike arrived today at about 3pm and the T100 went into the back of the delivery van, I was a bit sad to see it go as I liked the Triumph I do chop and change my bikes quite a lot ive got 4 at the moment so dont grow attached to them really.
it was about 33 degrees here today and too hot to put on my riding gear so I took it into the garage fitted the smaller number plate, sat nav, optimate lead and gave it a nice polish and ceramic coated the paintwork, about 8pm it was a bit cooler so had to take the bike out for its first ride

well all I can say is wow from the youtube reports youd be forgiven to believe the bike is sluggish, slow heavy and boring well unless something has been done to mine which I very much doubt given its only done 800 miles from new then the youtube reports are simply crap
this thing pulls hard sits at well over motorway speeds with ease corners very well its smooth and after a fill up and sedate ride home fighting the millions of flying insects with a dark tint visor that had to be open it was returning 60mpg the fit and finish is very nice the moral of the story is dont believe everything you see on youtube get off your arse and go for a test ride make up your own mind
much nicer to be overwhelmed as I was than underwhelmed as I thiought i would be, lovely bike very happy with it, ill get a fly screen for it or a nice retro 80s front fairing, alarm, and look into modifying the exhaust cans for a little added volume

Rob
Sounds about right. I too, was a bit skeptical after reading/watching online reviews calling it sluggish and also heavy(which it is), then I went to see it in person and after taking it for a test ride I knew I'd regret not buying it. It certainly isn't the fastest in it's class, but the torque helps get you going when you need to. Having owned an 865cc Thruxton, I can tell you that you won't be looking back, the CB is far superior in almost every way, except maybe nimbleness and exhaust tone that's unique to the British twins.

I'm at a point where I've become somewhat annoyed by it's limitations after 6 months of ownership, specially since I ride it like I stole it most of the time, but I trust that after an ECU flash, an exhaust system, and new rubber, It will be like falling inlove all over again. This is also not the case for most folks on here that find that the only thing this bike needs is a set of rubber lever protectors. To each their own though.

Please share some pics of the new girl when you get a chance :thumbsup:
 
"This is also not the case for most folks on here that find that the only thing this bike needs is a set of rubber lever protectors"


:D
 
Hey Adventure Boy, I saw your post re the 4-1 and modding and I’m going to hand you the poisoned chalice
4dd51aaefc642db158c881e1f76a40a0.png
You need to visit Samurider.com. It’s an Aladin’s cave of treasure for the CB. It will make you happy and poor in equal measure...
Failing that, Arrow make a nice 4-1 set of headers and end can.
I have a set of cat free Arrow headers for sale if you want to go extra cheep. PM me if you fancy.
I can also confirm that Cat free pipe, PCV and Air Box mods will get you to 95-100hp.
Take 30 kg off with a pipe and Ali Swing Arm and you’ll be flying...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
Hey Adventure Boy, I saw your post re the 4-1 and modding and I’m going to hand you the poisoned chalice
4dd51aaefc642db158c881e1f76a40a0.png
You need to visit Samurider.com. It’s an Aladin’s cave of treasure for the CB. It will make you happy and poor in equal measure...
Failing that, Arrow make a nice 4-1 set of headers and end can.
I have a set of cat free Arrow headers for sale if you want to go extra cheep. PM me if you fancy.
I can also confirm that Cat free pipe, PCV and Air Box mods will get you to 95-100hp.
Take 30 kg off with a pipe and Ali Swing Arm and you’ll be flying...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pmd you mate re the headers, thats a great site loads of stuff on there that ill have to get LOL

Gave the Exhausts a little attitude adjustment by drilling the first baffle plate out it now sounds a bit louder and somewhat fruiter
How would I know if its had a reflash or de restrictor fitted ?
Cheers Guys
Rob
 
Back
Top