Hey Rocky

That is a good looking retro , got to ride a 441 Victor back in the 60's and it was so impressive that one time.
tried to ride it a few more times but my 15YO A$$ couldn't crank it without major foot backlash pain.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Oberdan Bezzi Imagines a New BSA Produced by Mahindra « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews


Of course this is not a real motorcycle but an artists rendering, but when I saw it I thought of you.

This guy draws some really cool motorcycles

Check them out at Motoscetches.blogspot.com
Thanks ferret.
I saw this on Motorcycle Daily and showed it to my buddies in our vintage bike club where there are a lot of BSA owners.
It will be interesting to see what develops with the new owners of the BSA name.
A "victor" model was mentioned in the article. It was a scrambler with a high pipe and gas tank like in the drawing.
This is my own BSA 441cc Victor Roadster road model. The gas tank, oil tank (right side) and side cover are all fiberglass.
Not the greatest idea in the world, but still holding together after 49 years. I've owned the bike since 2000 and restored it to better than new.

http://s392.photobucket.com/user/Rock500_2008/media/Motorcycles/1967BSA441VictorRoadster.jpg.html
 
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Oberdan Bezzi Imagines a New BSA Produced by Mahindra « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews


Of course this is not a real motorcycle but an artists rendering, but when I saw it I thought of you.

This guy draws some really cool motorcycles

Check them out at Motoscetches.blogspot.com
Thanks ferret.
I saw this on Motorcycle Daily and showed it to my buddies in our vintage bike club where there are a lot of BSA owners.
It will be interesting to see what develops with the new owners of the BSA name.
A "victor" model was mentioned in the article. It was a scrambler with a high pipe and gas tank like in the drawing.
This is my own BSA 441cc Victor Roadster road model. The gas tank, oil tank (right side) and side cover are all fiberglass.
Not the greatest idea in the world, but still holding together after 49 years. I've owned the bike since 2000 and restored it to better than new.



That's the bike I learned to ride on.
 
Wow Rocky, that's a nice looking bike. Bet it took quite a few hours of work getting it to that point.

A small single cylinder scrambler style bike well made would be a contender. I've looked several times at the Royal Enfield offerings and thought they might be fun on a Sunday afternoon.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Beautiful bike and very nice restoration. Just curious -- is that the clutch cable dangling ahead of the frame down tube?
It's actually the speedo cable that runs off the rear wheel.
I had it loosely pulled back on the frame down tube (don't want any severe bends) with a "vintage" rubber tie but it broke.
I used a modern cable tie after that :D
 
4 Paws_imp said:
Wow Rocky, that's a nice looking bike. Bet it took quite a few hours of work getting it to that point.

A small single cylinder scrambler style bike well made would be a contender. I've looked several times at the Royal Enfield offerings and thought they might be fun on a Sunday afternoon.
Thanks 4 paws.
Yes, it took many, many hours to get it that way.
I bought it in 2000 partially restored and spent 1 1/2 years working off and on to get it like this. It took more money than it's worth, but I intended to keep it for myself and ride it. It was back on the road in the spring of 2002.
The pic was taken in 2003 and it still looks like the pic. It's my baby and I don't abuse it. It gets lots of fresh oil and TLC.
I ride it mainly on Sundays on club rides and have put over 8,000 miles on it completely trouble free.
It costs $$$ to restore these old relics to a high standard, but all these years later it has paid off in pride and satisfaction.
I nearly forgot to mention that it doesn't leak.

curlyjoe_imp said:
Beautiful bike Rocky! Nice restoration job! :thumbsup:
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top