hey Guth and other MX fans

Never heard of him, but reading that article - he deserves a moment of my respect to post. Rip dude.

Shows how just a few years difference in time can make a successful person irrelevant.

Sadly- it seems the best way to be a part of cognizant history past a decade or 2 is pretty much music or villain.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Back in the late 60s early 70s Joel Robert and Roger Decoster made a formidable team for Suzuki.
 
Yeah, I saw that news earlier and was very sad to learn of this. Joel was dominating the sport a little before my time, but his legend was such that I became familiar with him even after his dominant years had come to an end. A bit later on the American riders finally reached a level of performance that they would become the main focus for kids like me. But without a doubt, JR was definitely one of the brightest stars in the history of the sport. Truly one of the greats.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Joel Robert passed away today complications of Covid.

Heck of a racer in his time... 6 time 250 World Champ

RIP Joel

Joel Robert Dies at 77 - Racer X
Mike Bell (AMA 500cc MX champion and supercross winner) just passed away this week; I understand he had a heart attack while riding his mountain bike. A terrible loss.
 
Thread starter
I read that. " Too Tall" was a heck of a racer too.
 
Back
Top