Here's the Driven Sprocket and Slider. Chain - go X or O-ring?

I have absolutely no problem using a master link. I safety wire mine on. Like oil debates, you can really get a lot of fighting about master links versus staked links, so I will not go into any of that except to post a picture showing how one might go about securing a master link.

1c8eb4b3c99047eedbabe4f5a5333149.gif


 
Thread starter
Just to add to the discussion, I might go Z-ring.

Some manufacturers, Regina for example, supply a clip but recommend for 500cc or less. Otherwise stake the chain. I guess if you ride a 500 with a lot of power you would know what is right for the bike.

Cheers
 
Xyzzy_imp said:
I have absolutely no problem using a master link. I safety wire mine on. Like oil debates, you can really get a lot of fighting about master links versus staked links, so I will not go into any of that except to post a picture showing how one might go about securing a master link.

1c8eb4b3c99047eedbabe4f5a5333149.gif
yep ++1

I would never use a master link chain without securing the clip like that.
I had one ruined vacation on a Nighthawk 750 in which I cheaped out and used a master link chain without securing it... (and yes, the clip was installed properly with the beveled side facing the way that it is supposed to)...
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Oh wow, I thought that was the new slider pad (looks new to me). Yea that appears good for a lot more miles.
G'day (or good morning) Ferret. I've posted a further photo of my chain slider below. It shows some "chain rash" on the top surface. I'm just curious as how this compares with your and other members' CBs. It should be visible without too much dis-assembly, just the chain guard.

096c810658f20517d16e6e57a419256a.jpg


Cheers all.
 
Is that the bit in the middle where the chain is slackest? If so, I suspect that's always going to be the bit that cops most wear and I wonder how much life it has left in it.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Is that the bit in the middle where the chain is slackest? If so, I suspect that's always going to be the bit that cops most wear and I wonder how much life it has left in it.
Plenty. How's yours?

Cheers
 
Given I'm a bit of an old slapper, it's anyone's guess.

Cheers to you
 
Here's mine Ptero..just over 13000 miles

 
Back
Top