Hepco Becker Saddlebags, Racks, Russell Day Long, etc

dennylee11_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I suggest watching "Long Way Around" and "Long Way Down" if you haven't yet. They are shows on Netflix starring Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman they take 2 BMW GS series and travel from London to New York (via Russia) and the other is how they go down through Africa. It really makes you want to take an epic journey on your bike!
 
Nice. Now I want a Russell.
dennylee11_imp said:
Ya'll,


The CB has some new additions: Hepco Becker racks and bags, Russell Day Long Seat (very nice...) and a set of LED Turnsignals I wired in and mounted next to the license plate holder where I keep my registration and insurance information.

What you think?


Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
 
Blockhead_imp said:
The bike looks great. I'm wondering how comfy is the Daylong seat?
I'm curious too, and how much that thing cost as well. And man, is that seat ever wide.

semi OT: I'm finishing up Long Way Down today, watched Long Way Round last week, awesome series. I saw an interview with Charlie Boorman where he said they wanted to do a Long Way Up starting from the bottom of South America but they keep having conflicting schedules because it takes so long to do.
 
not seeing our bike listed on the Russell Day Long website! What model is it listed under??? or how do you get them to do a CB1100 seat?
 
Thread starter
The Russell Day Long seat is just as the name implies - ride all day ... I've owned three of them. Not cheap - my seat (all leather) cost $600. Just contact Kim at Russell
and she'll "hook you up!" Best money you can spend for your rears comfort!
 
Seems like aftermarket seats average about that $600 mark. Unless you go with, oh fudge my mind is going... Corbin yeah thats it, a corbin will run you under 500...
 
Hey Dennylee, great job on your bike! Those bags look great. But, I am betting that your Russell seat is just great!! Good job. God Bless..




Jayimpalaman
 
dBuster_imp said:
Seems like aftermarket seats average about that $600 mark. Unless you go with, oh fudge my mind is going... Corbin yeah thats it, a corbin will run you under 500...
Corbin...the world's only motorcycle seat with a Rockwell number.
 
The bike looks great. I just like to see the CB with new and improved accessories. Thank you for the pictures.
I've been roaming around this forum for about a month now and always manage to read new threads everyday. That seat will work for my 195 lbs frame.
 
Thread starter
Brentj84_imp said:
How do the bags do with a passenger? I'm looking for some storage that I can use with my wife riding passenger.
It would be close.. My wife doesn't ride with me on this bike. But, I just happened to look at the clearance yesterday - If your rider was fairly small it would be okay. Her leg would be right on the bag. I have 40 liter bag but you can order a 30 lifer size that would make leg clearance better.
 
dennylee11_imp said:
The Russell Day Long seat is just as the name implies - ride all day ... I've owned three of them. Not cheap - my seat (all leather) cost $600. Just contact Kim at Russell
and she'll "hook you up!" Best money you can spend for your rears comfort!
+1! A Corbin isn't bad either. However nothing beats the comfort of a Russell.
[url=http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/capttwb/media/DSCF1122.jpg.html] Russell and Corbin are excellent seats. Corbin for daily riding and Russell for week long or longer trips. Buy the Corbin first because you have to send in your stock seat pan to Russell for them to build your seat. It takes about 4-6 weeks total time. If you don't have a "extra" seat, it's best to get your Russell built in the winter time when the bike is laid up.
 
Very keen on seeing a picture of your bike with the Russell Day Long. I have one for my Griso (ruins the looks, but I can ride it all day) and love it.
 
dennylee11_imp said:
Ya'll,


The CB has some new additions: Hepco Becker racks and bags, Russell Day Long Seat (very nice...) and a set of LED Turnsignals I wired in and mounted next to the license plate holder where I keep my registration and insurance information.

What you think?


Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
What is your opinion of the Russell Day Long saddle seat on your CB1100? Any buyers remorse? How long is the driver portion from front edge to buttrest?
 
WhiteDog, not sure you'll get an answer. We haven't seen dennylee since February 2015. You could try sending him a PM.
 
Back
Top