Hepco & Becker Luggage Installed

CaptainChris_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi All,

Just finished installing the Hepco & Becker rear rack, side carriers, 40L Junior sidecases, and the 55L Junior topcase:











The install was pretty straightforward with the only difficult part being routing the rear signal wires. Just took time and patience though. I'm impressed with how solid everything feels on the bike. Definitely happy with my purchase. Bought everything through Motomachines.com and I was very pleased with their customer service. At some point down the road I'll be adding the backrest and top rack to the topcase.
 
CaptainChris_imp said:
Hi All,

Just finished installing the Hepco & Becker rear rack, side carriers, 40L Junior sidecases, and the 55L Junior topcase:











The install was pretty straightforward with the only difficult part being routing the rear signal wires. Just took time and patience though. I'm impressed with how solid everything feels on the bike. Definitely happy with my purchase. Bought everything through Motomachines.com and I was very pleased with their customer service. At some point down the road I'll be adding the backrest and top rack to the topcase.
I have almost the same setup, only Journey cases instead of Juniors. Those removable side frames work like a charm too :D
 
Very nice indeed!
 
NICE.....
Would like to see a separate pic of perfect rear view, if possible, please.
What's the size of side panniers and top box ?

happy & safe :biker:

pb
 
Very nice looking setup. I'd say you are ready to hit the highway.
 
Great looking setup. Thinks ...
 
Thinks you better check your wallet. You need a fat one for HB stuff :)
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
NICE.....
Would like to see a separate pic of perfect rear view, if possible, please.
What's the size of side panniers and top box ?

happy & safe :biker:

pb
Thanks! The side cases each hold 40 liters and the top holds 55 liters. Too dark out right now for a picture but I'll snap one tomorrow and post it.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thinks you better check your wallet. You need a fat one for HB stuff :)
Yup! It's near empty now. If it weren't for being spoiled by the hard luggage on my BMW I probably could have gotten away with some soft stuff. It's just so nice to have the hard bags though...
Acrobat_imp said:
Good job Chris, I think this is the best choice for hard luggage. Fits nice on CB and has very good quality.:thumbsup:
Thanks Acrobat! :beerchug:
Well I threw all the cases on and had the girlfriend hop on the back. Did a dinky little test drive in the parking lot since there's still too much salt and sand around. The handling is quite a bit different now. It'll be an adjustment but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
 
[

[/QUOTE]

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thinks you better check your wallet. You need a fat one for HB stuff :)
Yup! It's near empty now.
Acrobat_imp said:
Good job Chris, I think this is the best choice for hard luggage. Fits nice on CB and has very good quality.:thumbsup:
:
Well I threw all the cases on and had the girlfriend hop on the back.
[/QUOTE]

Captain,
Never mind your wallet...now, install rear view mirror to watch your girlfriend and new boxes..:rofl:..lol

:beerchug:

pb
 
Your CB looks great with that set up. Looks like the exact same mounting system as the Ulysses uses (also H&B).

I honestly don't see how you could need more luggage space than that, my wife and I camped for a month on a bike trip with far less.

Happy travels!!!
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
NICE.....
Would like to see a separate pic of perfect rear view, if possible, please.
What's the size of side panniers and top box ?

happy & safe :biker:

pb
Peter,

As requested, here's a clean shot from the rear with all luggage in place:



:beerchug:
 
CaptainChris_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
NICE.....
Would like to see a separate pic of perfect rear view, if possible, please.
What's the size of side panniers and top box ?

happy & safe :biker:

pb
Peter,

As requested, here's a clean shot from the rear with all luggage in place:



:beerchug:
Peter,

As requested, here's a clean shot from the rear with all luggage in place:



:beerchug:
CAPTAIN,
:clap:
:thanks::worship:

pb
 
Ehi Captain,
would you mind to post some instructions on how to reruote the rear signal lights? I want to istall the H&B rear rack and side carriers, but i don't understand how to make the side carriers fit with the rear signal lights...
Polli
 
Thread starter
Polli_imp said:
Ehi Captain,
would you mind to post some instructions on how to reruote the rear signal lights? I want to istall the H&B rear rack and side carriers, but i don't understand how to make the side carriers fit with the rear signal lights...
Polli
Hi Polli,

First thing to do is remove the seat and the black box that's above the battery. The box comes loose by removing the phillips screw and pushing in the center of the pop rivet to loosen it. Underneath this box is a clear boot housing a number of electrical connectors. The small orange and blue ones are for the turn signals. Unclip these connectors and feed them back through the cable management towards the tail of the bike. Take off the stock grab rails and unbolt the turn signals from them. With the wires disconnected it should be easy to completely take them off. With this done, you can install the rear rack and side carriers following the instructions from H&B. Once everything is in place and the turn signals are mounted on the relocation brackets, you're ready to feed the wires back and reconnect them. The routing for the left signal will be the same as it originally was. The routing for the right turn signal will be a little different as there isn't enough slack to place it the same as it was before. From the corner you feed it in through, you'll cut diagonally across the rear fender to the point where the cables feed down towards the boot. It's a tight fit to get the connector back in the boot but with some patience and a few deep breaths it's not to terrible. Let me know if you need a visual of this and I can snap a few pictures.
 
CaptainChris_imp said:
Polli_imp said:
Ehi Captain,
would you mind to post some instructions on how to reruote the rear signal lights? I want to istall the H&B rear rack and side carriers, but i don't understand how to make the side carriers fit with the rear signal lights...
Polli
Hi Polli,

First thing to do is remove the seat and the black box that's above the battery. The box comes loose by removing the phillips screw and pushing in the center of the pop rivet to loosen it. Underneath this box is a clear boot housing a number of electrical connectors. The small orange and blue ones are for the turn signals. Unclip these connectors and feed them back through the cable management towards the tail of the bike. Take off the stock grab rails and unbolt the turn signals from them. With the wires disconnected it should be easy to completely take them off. With this done, you can install the rear rack and side carriers following the instructions from H&B. Once everything is in place and the turn signals are mounted on the relocation brackets, you're ready to feed the wires back and reconnect them. The routing for the left signal will be the same as it originally was. The routing for the right turn signal will be a little different as there isn't enough slack to place it the same as it was before. From the corner you feed it in through, you'll cut diagonally across the rear fender to the point where the cables feed down towards the boot. It's a tight fit to get the connector back in the boot but with some patience and a few deep breaths it's not to terrible. Let me know if you need a visual of this and I can snap a few pictures.
Hi Polli,

First thing to do is remove the seat and the black box that's above the battery. The box comes loose by removing the phillips screw and pushing in the center of the pop rivet to loosen it. Underneath this box is a clear boot housing a number of electrical connectors. The small orange and blue ones are for the turn signals. Unclip these connectors and feed them back through the cable management towards the tail of the bike. Take off the stock grab rails and unbolt the turn signals from them. With the wires disconnected it should be easy to completely take them off. With this done, you can install the rear rack and side carriers following the instructions from H&B. Once everything is in place and the turn signals are mounted on the relocation brackets, you're ready to feed the wires back and reconnect them. The routing for the left signal will be the same as it originally was. The routing for the right turn signal will be a little different as there isn't enough slack to place it the same as it was before. From the corner you feed it in through, you'll cut diagonally across the rear fender to the point where the cables feed down towards the boot. It's a tight fit to get the connector back in the boot but with some patience and a few deep breaths it's not to terrible. Let me know if you need a visual of this and I can snap a few pictures.
Hi Captain, hi Polli,

Yes, a visual would be fine as an extra visual double check, if you don't mind. I'm about to install the side carriers on my CB11, maybe I'll have to purchase the rear carrier as well, as I don't know if the H&B side carriers will be easy to combine with the already pre-installed Honda OEM rear carrier that came with my new (second hand) bike. Just have it for a week now, so currently I'm getting all parts together.
I still have an older set of the Junior 40 cases (that I used on my CB750) that should be good to go.

Many thanks for your time and effort!
all very best,
bram.
 
I want to change my headlight and tail light to LED. But not sure which one I can change it to. Can you recommend what works and is bright.
Mine is a 2013 cb1100

Terri
 
Thread starter
Terri740_imp said:
I want to change my headlight and tail light to LED. But not sure which one I can change it to. Can you recommend what works and is bright.
Mine is a 2013 cb1100

Terri
Terri,

Here's the solution I went with for the headlight. Install was very simple and I'm really happy with the results. The light is brighter than stock and with the lower power usage I'm planning to add some additional lights to my crash bars. I haven't gotten around to my tail lights yet though. Hopefully someone else on here will be able to assist you with that.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7548&highlight=motodemic

Let me know if you have any questions.
 
Back
Top