metallyguitarded_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
I like helmets. Probably not as much as my wife likes shoes. But close. I've always worn full-face helmets but am considering adding a 3/4 helmet to my rotation. I thought I'd start this poll and see what the rest of you are wearing. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of us have seen the famous diagram that shows impact areas to the face and head during a crash. This isn't meant to be a this type is better than that type of discussion but, if it goes there, I'm okay with that. So, what are you primarily wearing on your head? And, if you're so inclined, why did you choose to go that route?
Edit: Thanks CA200. My other half doesn't know yet that I'm considering a 3/4 helmet. I'll be curious to see what her reaction is. And, currently, my go-to helmet is a Bell RS-1.
Edit: Thanks CA200. My other half doesn't know yet that I'm considering a 3/4 helmet. I'll be curious to see what her reaction is. And, currently, my go-to helmet is a Bell RS-1.
). I've worn primarily 3/4 helmets, my latest is a Bell Mag 9 and I find it comfortable and a pretty nice helmet. I just gave away a 1/2 helmet, a 2 year old Bell PitBoss. It's a great DOT helmet but isn't the most protective but better than nothing. Over the years 3/4 helmets were my mainstay, even after owning a full face Bell Star in the 70's. Newer quality helmets are great, plenty of models to ensure a good fit. In the far back regions of my mind, 1/2 helmet with goggles would be the way to go especially if I was straddling a BSA or Matchless, or maybe even an Ariel.