Hella Horns

1100rider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I recently purchased a set of Hella Supertone Horns to mount on my 2013 CB1100. The package came with a relay. Do I need to use this relay or just connect the horns to the stock wiring. Anyone with experience with Hella Horns?
 
1100rider_imp said:
I recently purchased a set of Hella Supertone Horns to mount on my 2013 CB1100. The package came with a relay. Do I need to use this relay or just connect the horns to the stock wiring. Anyone with experience with Hella Horns?
I cant answer your question about the relay but I am really interested to see what you think of the horns once you get them hooked up. Please keep us posted. :thumbsup:
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
1100rider_imp said:
I recently purchased a set of Hella Supertone Horns to mount on my 2013 CB1100. The package came with a relay. Do I need to use this relay or just connect the horns to the stock wiring. Anyone with experience with Hella Horns?
I cant answer your question about the relay but I am really interested to see what you think of the horns once you get them hooked up. Please keep us posted. :thumbsup:
I cant answer your question about the relay but I am really interested to see what you think of the horns once you get them hooked up. Please keep us posted. :thumbsup:
The fuse fitted to the CB1100A is listed as a 10 Amp unit, this apparently feeds the horns and stoplight; the new horns would work without the relay but I suspect your switchgear/fuse might suffer as a result. The quoted power for the horns you propose fitting is 2x66w which equates to a theoretical 11amps at 12volts, so yes I would definitely fit the relay.:thumbsup:
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
1100rider_imp said:
I recently purchased a set of Hella Supertone Horns to mount on my 2013 CB1100. The package came with a relay. Do I need to use this relay or just connect the horns to the stock wiring. Anyone with experience with Hella Horns?
I cant answer your question about the relay but I am really interested to see what you think of the horns once you get them hooked up. Please keep us posted. :thumbsup:
I cant answer your question about the relay but I am really interested to see what you think of the horns once you get them hooked up. Please keep us posted. :thumbsup:
The fuse fitted to the CB1100A is listed as a 10 Amp unit, this apparently feeds the horns and stoplight; the new horns would work without the relay but I suspect your switchgear/fuse might suffer as a result. The quoted power for the horns you propose fitting is 2x66w which equates to a theoretical 11amps at 12volts, so yes I would definitely fit the relay.:thumbsup:
I cant answer your question about the relay but I am really interested to see what you think of the horns once you get them hooked up. Please keep us posted. :thumbsup:
The fuse fitted to the CB1100A is listed as a 10 Amp unit, this apparently feeds the horns and stoplight; the new horns would work without the relay but I suspect your switchgear/fuse might suffer as a result. The quoted power for the horns you propose fitting is 2x66w which equates to a theoretical 11amps at 12volts, so yes I would definitely fit the relay.:thumbsup:
I'm sure Honda designed a safety margin into their electrical, but I completely agree. No reason to risk electrical problems over a simple relay install.
 
Wiring in the relay is easy, it will take the load off the original wires and switches. Just do it!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Use the relay so the horn can make full use of all the current from the battery (and takes the stress of that current going through the switch). I suspect if you don't you'll have enough of a voltage drop using the stock wiring that you won't get the full volume out of the horn that you bought.
 
How did the Hella Horns turn out?
I have a set of Hella SuperTones on my car. Though about getting a Black set for the bike as well.
 
Thread starter
I did install the Hella horns and what a difference from stock horns. They are loud enough that you can be heard. I had my local shop install the horns as I am electrically deficient. They did install the relay and put it in the headlight nacelle.
 
I installed India made Hellas with chrome trim. I used Hella delivered brackets. Tone is deeper and I´d say a bit louder, more (automobile) sounding. And very very shiney! I had to change the bolts holding the chrome grilles on the horn body as the bolts delivered were a black cad-plated and they did not look very durable. So I changed them for stainless bolts. Pics below.

07e761af1a86e5d438ca00e3e39f0a29.jpg


749a4ea2d9cdcad6d544caeadeb5d4a6.jpg
 
No problem with blowing fuses? I tried a set of larger horns from China and it blew the fuse. So I went back to stock


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
i like those hellas you have on there VTR , thanks for sharing!

when I was searching online for those hellas I thought you meant it was made for the Indian Motorcycles then realized you meant hellas that are made in india . Ebay has them for around $20.00 to about 39.99 , not bad.
 
lola_imp said:
i like those hellas you have on there VTR , thanks for sharing!

when I was searching online for those hellas I thought you meant it was made for the Indian Motorcycles then realized you meant hellas that are made in india . Ebay has them for around $20.00 to about 39.99 , not bad.
I was looking at the following product:

Hella on Amazon

It seems to be a little more expensive than what you cite on Ebay. Not a fan of the chrome horn, although the red may not look good either.
 
Back
Top