HEATING GRIPS ICON HONDA ORIGINAL NON-OPERATING CB1100 ex 2015 EUROPE. COMPLAINT TO

Alfgaxatico_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
friends; I have installed a Honda Official Dealer in Spain; the cuffs Reference: H08ETBMGCHGA that came from Belgium. they have 3 levels and work very well except that the dashboard icon is NOT activated; which when turning on the machine; if it comes out in the checkup. I have seen the assembly PDF and there is a connection to the bike's ECU; for which I detect that it is a programming error of the ECU. Given its cost (€ 600) I want to demand that Honda Central Japan correct it; since they are not a € 99 OXFORD. Please help me to know the email of Honda Tech Customer Japan; although today I'm going to call Honda Spain; to my concession and if it is necessary to God ... or perhaps they have made a mistake in sending the reference. My Africa Twin Adventure Sports dct 2018, they worked correctly (they were standard) but my Forza 300 from 2019 were installed here in my city and if the icon was visible.
 
Alf, what year is your bike?
 
I'd like to see that installation .pdf. For the 2014 the only connection is for power. And the '14 wiring diagram it does not show an ICON line for the heated grip. The one line that MIGHT be the icon does not have a pin in the bike harness connector to the meter. That was all mentioned in the other thread though.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I'd like to see that installation .pdf. For the 2014 the only connection is for power. And the '14 wiring diagram it does not show an ICON line for the heated grip. The one line that MIGHT be the icon does not have a pin in the bike harness connector to the meter. That was all mentioned in the other thread though.
Thanks .. how’s the other post (?) ... I don,t controller it .
Please
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I'd like to see that installation .pdf. For the 2014 the only connection is for power. And the '14 wiring diagram it does not show an ICON line for the heated grip. The one line that MIGHT be the icon does not have a pin in the bike harness connector to the meter. That was all mentioned in the other thread though.
Thanks .. how’s the other post (?) ... I don,t controller it .
Please
Thanks .. how’s the other post (?) ... I don,t controller it .
Please
I think this is the thread you are looking for:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15994

It seems it only works on Japan models. I don't know if the difference is on the heated grips, the wiring, or the bike.
 
Thread starter
then there are several possible failures: 1. the heated grips kit is missing that signal wire to the instrument panel icon. 2. the ECU of the CB1100 ex 2015 europe; has no connection. and it could be a third party. that the kit that they have assembled is not the most recent and that is why it does not have the cable, it is pointed to the icon.
my annoyance is that they are original Honda (€ 600 installed). And the icon should be operational.
 
jtopiso_imp said:
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I'd like to see that installation .pdf. For the 2014 the only connection is for power. And the '14 wiring diagram it does not show an ICON line for the heated grip. The one line that MIGHT be the icon does not have a pin in the bike harness connector to the meter. That was all mentioned in the other thread though.
Thanks .. how’s the other post (?) ... I don,t controller it .
Please
Thanks .. how’s the other post (?) ... I don,t controller it .
Please
I think this is the thread you are looking for:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15994

It seems it only works on Japan models. I don't know if the difference is on the heated grips, the wiring, or the bike.
Thanks .. how’s the other post (?) ... I don,t controller it .
Please
I think this is the thread you are looking for:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15994

It seems it only works on Japan models. I don't know if the difference is on the heated grips, the wiring, or the bike.
For the $730 installed price, not only should the Honda heated grips use the icon, but a Honda rep should call your cell to remind you that they’re on. I’m ordering the Oxford Heaterz tomorrow and installing them myself.
 
Why don’t you go to the dealer who installed it and ask them? If it doesn’t work as expected I imagine they will fix it or do a compensation.
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
friends; I have installed a Honda Official Dealer in Spain; the cuffs Reference: H08ETBMGCHGA that came from Belgium. they have 3 levels and work very well except that the dashboard icon is NOT activated; which when turning on the machine; if it comes out in the checkup. I have seen the assembly PDF and there is a connection to the bike's ECU; for which I detect that it is a programming error of the ECU. Given its cost (€ 600) I want to demand that Honda Central Japan correct it; since they are not a € 99 OXFORD. Please help me to know the email of Honda Tech Customer Japan; although today I'm going to call Honda Spain; to my concession and if it is necessary to God ... or perhaps they have made a mistake in sending the reference. My Africa Twin Adventure Sports dct 2018, they worked correctly (they were standard) but my Forza 300 from 2019 were installed here in my city and if the icon was visible.
For what it's worth, my version has 5 levels and not three, and the icon lights up.
36e029ca40d8c685d470b465f8e330a5.jpg

I just think that the latest Japanese EX/RS models have a factory version (and by factory I mean it's not an accessory anymore as it's on all models by default) of the heated grips that is different from all other versions before.
With some guidance I could look for the part number somewhere...
 
Thread starter
viewing the CB1100 service manual from 2013 to 2016; It is seen on the dash to put a thread in the frames of model 2014 to 2016 that thread H / G IND; which is not in the 2013 model box. it could be HEATED GRIP INDICATOR. I am going to claim to HONDA that my original supplied grips should be those of the 2016 model. to see what they tell me .
 
I’m sorry Alfgaxito, posting copyright material is not allowed on the forum. Not because we’re disagreeable, but to protect the owner.
 
No need to apologise. All good.
 
Thread starter
good; rinsed with a sling. CB1000 ex and rs models; From 2014 onwards they carry the dashboard prepared to receive a signal from the fists and visualize their activation in a frame. the problem is that the reference of cuffs for the racks until 2017; They are the old ones that do not have the controller that sends the information to the dashboard. the grips from 2017 onwards apart from the fact that their cost is -10% over the old ones, I think they must be compatible with the board of the models from 2014 ... and that I claim to Honda Europe my disappointment after 5 Honda motorcycles .. I'll tell you ...
The advantage... that the hot is 360 degree... in all hand ...
 
Thread starter
good ; Honda Spain accepts my claim; I have proposed and my official Honda workshop in my city; Please send in a recent 2019 version heated grip kit; and test them on my CB1100 ex 2015 Europe; It has the same frame as the 2017-2019. it must be the heated grips kit; Whoever provides a connector that can then be programmed through the motorcycle's ECU. if it were operative they would change it.
 
Back
Top