Heated Grips on the EX

michael1954

Been there
Thread starter
I know there must be a post somewhere about these. I broke down and bought the 'official' Honda Luggage Rack and Kit for Heated Grips for my EX. Got the Rack on okay, but any tips for a smoother install for the grips. I trust you guys completely, and I know I will benefit from someone's experience putting these on, like what NOT to do or the sorts. I am really over-loaded now trying to fix the 82' GS1100 and get it, in my opinion, roadworthy. But, I want to take my granddaughter on a trip up to the Civil War Battlefield site at Vicksburg before Winter is over on the EX. I have the windshield already. Bought us all the good winter clothes we need, but I know if my hands go, I go.

So, let me have it, hopefully not, we have done this a hundred times already.
By the time I get all my bikes fixed up, maybe Honda will bring the CB1300 or CB300 here so I can buy a NEW bike for a change!

Ps....I am installing, when time permits, steel braided brake lines, front and rear on the 2013 CB! cannot wait to see how that feels. Anybody out there, close to South Texas that wants to work on some motorcycles?
:rofl:
PSS...Bought my 18 year old GD a 2005, Suzuki GS500 with 900 miles on it for $1750! New Continental Tyres and in great shape. I put the Title in her name and going to have her take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Driving school after she gets her DL for cars soon. Yes, I am grooming someone I love to ride with me.. All of you, please pray she remains safe as I hope she develops a love for our hobby/lifestyle.
 
Not on the CB, but I put Honda heated grips on the ST. I can tell you that if you follow the instructions to the T you will have a nice professional job.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Not on the CB, but I put Honda heated grips on the ST. I can tell you that if you follow the instructions to the T you will have a nice professional job.
Thanks, right now that is all I have...At least I can read.....Thanks for the confidence!
 
Thread starter
Alain Lee_imp said:
See attached link.

I installead the heated grip on my 2017 and it was very easy, the instructions were very easy to follow.

Regards
Alain

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7350
Thanks for the link/help....read them and the following comments. I bet it take me two days at least to get it done. I am probably a little slower than most of you guys. I always tend to over-read & prep. Removing the gas tank from the GS1100 today to fix a leaky pet-cock that seems to be causing fuel to flow out the back of carb #1. Never ending story fixing old bikes.... Will attempt the grips tomorrow.
Thanks again all.
 
Michael,
As a friendly suggestion, I recommend to replace the "tube" style fuse that comes with the kit with a mini fuse (same style/type used in the CB1100 fuse box).
Reason being, there is no need to carry different type of fuse style.

Regards
Alain
 
Thread starter
Alain Lee_imp said:
Michael,
As a friendly suggestion, I recommend to replace the "tube" style fuse that comes with the kit with a mini fuse (same style/type used in the CB1100 fuse box).
Reason being, there is no need to carry different type of fuse style.

Regards
Alain
Thanks, Makes sense!
Southernoregonduck_imp said:
Michael1954, can you tell me where you picked up your Honda luggage rack? I tried Honda parts website and did not find it there. Thanks for your help.
Hi, I went to Honda of America where the bikes are listed, and they had the parts still available for the 2017 EX. I hope they still sell them. They are killing off our beloved CB1100EX and Europe's RS for 2021. Let me look and see if I can find them. I will get back to this post either way, Michael
 
Thread starter
Southernoregonduck_imp said:
Michael1954, can you tell me where you picked up your Honda luggage rack? I tried Honda parts website and did not find it there. Thanks for your help.
I remembered exactly which Honda page I used as I looked again. I bought them off the Honda Powersports page. They do not have them listed now, in fact they have nothing for the CB1100EX at all. I sent them an email and told them a Forum member would like to buy a Luggage rack for the EX. I should hear from them by tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed they have some leftover. The Rack is really nice, and it compliments the bike well, and surprisingly strong.
 
Failing that, try Samurider.
 
Where did you buy the grips and the installation kit? I looked the other day and they are sold out and not available everywhere I looked. Thanks.
 
Thread starter
apex1_imp said:
Where did you buy the grips and the installation kit? I looked the other day and they are sold out and not available everywhere I looked. Thanks.
I bought mine off Honda Powersports, online. Right now they have nothing for the 2017EX listed. I sent them an email about the Luggage rack. When they call, or today, I will ask them about Heated Grips as well.
Looking at the K&H Website about the DLX seat, and saw that they have the Luggage Rack for $201 USD. Plus shipping probably.
Southernoregonduck_imp said:
Michael1954, can you tell me where you picked up your Honda luggage rack? I tried Honda parts website and did not find it there. Thanks for your help.
Still waiting for a call from Honda, and I just saw the Luggage Rack on the K&H Website for $201USD (plus shipping probably)
 
michael1954_imp said:
apex1_imp said:
Where did you buy the grips and the installation kit? I looked the other day and they are sold out and not available everywhere I looked. Thanks.
I bought mine off Honda Powersports, online. Right now they have nothing for the 2017EX listed. I sent them an email about the Luggage rack. When they call, or today, I will ask them about Heated Grips as well.
Looking at the K&H Website about the DLX seat, and saw that they have the Luggage Rack for $201 USD. Plus shipping probably.
Southernoregonduck_imp said:
Michael1954, can you tell me where you picked up your Honda luggage rack? I tried Honda parts website and did not find it there. Thanks for your help.
Still waiting for a call from Honda, and I just saw the Luggage Rack on the K&H Website for $201USD (plus shipping probably)
I bought mine off Honda Powersports, online. Right now they have nothing for the 2017EX listed. I sent them an email about the Luggage rack. When they call, or today, I will ask them about Heated Grips as well.
Looking at the K&H Website about the DLX seat, and saw that they have the Luggage Rack for $201 USD. Plus shipping probably.
Southernoregonduck_imp said:
Michael1954, can you tell me where you picked up your Honda luggage rack? I tried Honda parts website and did not find it there. Thanks for your help.
Still waiting for a call from Honda, and I just saw the Luggage Rack on the K&H Website for $201USD (plus shipping probably)
I looked this morning on the official Honda website and it says the grips are out of stock, though they do have the installation kit. I appreciate you checking though.
 
So much about heated grips, all agreed. But my wife and pillion needs heated ...handles or a heated rack for her hands. Mine are hardly cold and hers are always. Any solid design recommendations ?
 
j3gq_imp said:
So much about heated grips, all agreed. But my wife and pillion needs heated ...handles or a heated rack for her hands. Mine are hardly cold and hers are always. Any solid design recommendations ?
Heated gloves work great. There are good choices designed for motorcycles and snowmobiles.
 
apex1_imp said:
j3gq_imp said:
So much about heated grips, all agreed. But my wife and pillion needs heated ...handles or a heated rack for her hands. Mine are hardly cold and hers are always. Any solid design recommendations ?
Heated gloves work great. There are good choices designed for motorcycles and snowmobiles.
you mean battery powered ? or with cables around my neck ?
 
You better get the ones with a batterie pack , other wise she could "accidently " strangle you if you did not pick up your dirty clothes after taking a shower.
 
j3gq_imp said:
So much about heated grips, all agreed. But my wife and pillion needs heated ...handles or a heated rack for her hands. Mine are hardly cold and hers are always. Any solid design recommendations ?
Keis heated inner gloves would be my recommendation. Not nearly as expensive as a heated gloves and a mild heat that works a treat. I have a pair and they are powered from my heated vest. They do come with a longer lead and wire direct to the battery if you don't have a heated vest. You need their lightweight controller with them too. You must use their measurement table to make sure you have a snug fit. They are quite thin so regular gloves go over easy enough. If your gloves are tight now though there will be no room for them.
 
Back
Top