Headlight issue

pwh421_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
While trying to install a windscreen the threads in the light housing (left side facing the bike) appear to have moved.. they are no longer visible in the housing.. What did I do? Thoughts?
 
The headlight bucket mounting nuts are welded to a wire holder that is wrapped around the wire bundle in the shell. They set in a space that keeps them from turning when tightening the screws.

If they have moved and you can't use a small probe or something to realign them, you have to remove the headlight and reposition them. Some use hot glue to hold them in place.

Here is what it looks like in there: Buzzing Instrument Cluster
 
Thread starter
Thank you, I didn't push that hard, but the threads are totally out of sight.. I'll pull the housing and see what's what.
 
This happened to me. Make sure to put all of the wiring back into the housing after aligning the nuts.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
 
pwh you don't have to pull the housing (bucket) just the lens and rim. Be careful the rim has to be lifted up in the front if I remember correctly, to be removed. There are 2 small tabs.
 
Ferret is correct, just pull the headlight, not the bucket. Like in the pic I linked to. And like he says, pull out slightly from the bottom and lift up. You will see how.
 
Thread starter
The bucket is already loose, as I took out both bolts to do the windscreen fitment (now I know I didn't have to but that knowledge came after it was off).

-Peter
 
On the good side, look at all you are learning about your bike lol
 
I had the same thing when I installed my Dart Marlin Flyscreen. Like the other guys said, The nuts fall inward as soon as you loosen the headlight basket bolts on the side. You basically need 4 hands unless you do not hot glue the nuts in place!
 
Back
Top