Header Wrap

gbpack89_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Has anyone wrapped the pipes on a standard?
71a542bdd41ba81f7536aa084a1cdf9b.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I'm thinking that's more of an issue with high performance car engines. Not bikes with constant air flow. Although I have seen mufflers discolor from the extra heat that would have normally dissipated from the pipes farther upstream. But since I'm run a short side pipe after the cat that will be ceramic coated, no worries here!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Fyi, it takes 50ft to do the four header pipes. If you want to do the collector/cat you will need a second roll. Also prepare to be itchy haha

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Purely for looks on a bike! Racers use it on headers to increase scavenging by keeping the exhaust gases hotter longer. Or to protect things close to the header from the radiant heat. None of that really applies to bikes though

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
That actually looks really awesome. I always thought the cat would look weird wrapped because it's so big, but it just looks great.
 
Thread starter
kmoney_imp said:
That actually looks really awesome. I always thought the cat would look weird wrapped because it's so big, but it just looks great.
I was worried about that too but it looked unfinished to just leave it. I might continue the wrap a bit farther down to the tail pipe, or make a shield to hide the pipe connections a bit

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
JF Coastal_imp said:
Oh.. Dang, I like. Post a closer up picture if you get a chance. I'd like to hear a sound clip some time with that shorty exhast.
Here it is a pic that's a bit bigger. I'll have to grab a sound clip for you when I service it. I think these bike sound great with just the cat. Sporty exhaust note of an inline 4 But it is pretty tame unless you are working it. And it doesn't seem carry more then a block or two unlike the big twins do.
ac1f3adcb6864a7af0fd669a8b878973.jpg


gbpack89_imp said:
1c630ce23ad7ec20cb6de9f973a7734d.jpg
9b47b258cc3abb8460bb6fdd0dfc77e8.jpg


Still haven't got the seat back but the?exhaust is done

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Two inch chrome exhaust tip for about $9 and a 1.75"-2" adapter for another $3 from the local auto parts store.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Awesome gbpack, thanks for the extra pics. Looks great. I really want to hear that exhaust, I guess I could just take mine off and add one for $10. Hmm.. Do you have a power commander ??
 
Thread starter
No power commander yet. That's on the short list for upgrades along with the rear suspension. You do have to disable the PAIR valve or you will sound like a machine gun in deceleration!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top