Header Polish Challenge!

GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
I wonder what effect I could get by coating the original stainless headers with gun blue and oil and then getting them really hot. Would look better on a black bike, I think.
Hey Nach, were you thinking of going through with this experiment? Maybe even an inconspicuous test spot?
Hey Nach, were you thinking of going through with this experiment? Maybe even an inconspicuous test spot? GO, I don't think so. I like my bright tubes. Matter of fact, I need to get busy with the polish while I can.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
I wonder what effect I could get by coating the original stainless headers with gun blue and oil and then getting them really hot. Would look better on a black bike, I think.
Hey Nach, were you thinking of going through with this experiment? Maybe even an inconspicuous test spot?
Hey Nach, were you thinking of going through with this experiment? Maybe even an inconspicuous test spot? GO, I don't think so. I like my bright tubes. Matter of fact, I need to get busy with the polish while I can.
lol - "bright tubes".

The stainless steel can certainly be polished up to appear brilliant chrome. Of course, after the next ride they will be a perfect 8 or 10K gold hue.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, but once they're brilliant chrome, it just takes a little wipe after a few rides to go from gold back to chrome. Maybe I'm OCD...
 
Never let it be said, Gone.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
I wonder what effect I could get by coating the original stainless headers with gun blue and oil and then getting them really hot. Would look better on a black bike, I think.
Hey Nach, were you thinking of going through with this experiment? Maybe even an inconspicuous test spot?
Hey Nach, were you thinking of going through with this experiment? Maybe even an inconspicuous test spot? GO, I don't think so. I like my bright tubes. Matter of fact, I need to get busy with the polish while I can.
lol - "bright tubes".

The stainless steel can certainly be polished up to appear brilliant chrome. Of course, after the next ride they will be a perfect 8 or 10K gold hue.
lol - "bright tubes".

The stainless steel can certainly be polished up to appear brilliant chrome. Of course, after the next ride they will be a perfect 8 or 10K gold hue. I do like that "gold" hue on my CB. That is one of the characteristics that set this bike apart, in a good way, from every other bike. :biker:
 
Back
Top