Head to Toe Leather....

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Pricey, but as long as I don't gain weight, should last a lifetime....
color scheme could work on many motorcycles.

 
Thread starter
I think the racier pants zip to this jacket, I went with their more casual pant, has some knee protection. I tried a few of the ones with more hard protection but they just felt too uncomfortable and out of place to wear.
 
I love the look of a good leather outfit. My riding mentor, a fellow named Bob Johnson, who really taught me that motorcycles were tickets to go anywhere, always wore custom leathers by Langlitz jacket and pants. Bob died maybe 20 years ago and his daughter gave me his favorite riding jacket which I have kept as a reminder of the lessons he taught me. I miss Bob. I wish I could buy off the shelf leathers but can't cause I'm short and stubby.

Anyhow, that's a great looking outfit Hiker.
 
Langlitz made my leathers for me. They are more or less the epitome of classic motorcycle leathers. They would certainly look the part, except for the fact that I now wrap myself with a hi-viz vest. Sadly, black leather doesn't do much for being seen, so hi-viz it is.

Me & hondahoarder earlier this year:
 
Guth_imp said:
Langlitz made my leathers for me. They are more or less the epitome of classic motorcycle leathers. They would certainly look the part, except for the fact that I now wrap myself with a hi-viz vest. Sadly, black leather doesn't do much for being seen, so hi-viz it is.

Me & hondahoarder earlier this year:
Guth, do you think any of the custom leather manufacturers (Langlitz, Vanson, etc) could create a color scheme with hi-viz and scotchbrite reflector accents the way very many armored textile jackets are made? I've seen yellow leather jackets and the like but the color is flat and not at all matching the hi-viz color on vests / textile motorcycle jackets / etc.

I ride with a hi-viz / scotchbrite textile armored jacket but I'd like to switch to leathers. Thanks!
 
cb400four_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Langlitz made my leathers for me. They are more or less the epitome of classic motorcycle leathers. They would certainly look the part, except for the fact that I now wrap myself with a hi-viz vest. Sadly, black leather doesn't do much for being seen, so hi-viz it is.

Me & hondahoarder earlier this year:
Guth, do you think any of the custom leather manufacturers (Langlitz, Vanson, etc) could create a color scheme with hi-viz and scotchbrite reflector accents the way very many armored textile jackets are made? I've seen yellow leather jackets and the like but the color is flat and not at all matching the hi-viz color on vests / textile motorcycle jackets / etc.

I ride with a hi-viz / scotchbrite textile armored jacket but I'd like to switch to leathers. Thanks!
Interesting idea. The first place I would check with is Johnson Leathers out of San Francisco. Their quality is on par with the best (sadly their website is not), but at much better prices. They make leathers for the CHP and various police departments, but their custom work is what is truly amazing. That said, when I went in to be fitted, Langlitz had a large selection of leather in various colors available and might very well be able to do something along the lines of what you're thinking of. I'm guessing that Vanson could as well.
 
Thread starter
I don't know....I think buy leather that is pleasing to look at, and if you want HiViz, add a vest or something.
I am not normally a black color type of guy, last leathers were blue/white with some red to match my Ninja, but that was 20+ years ago.
Just so happens this time, the jacket that fit me and I liked best was in mostly black, and pants in other colors can look a little strange.
Can't imagine spending $600 on a jacket that looks like a construction cone.
 
Now a hiviz leather jacket helping you be seen is a great idea! The more to draw attention to you rather than you not being seen to me is important. Especially with things cooling off the cagers need all the help they can to keep in mind they don't own the road that there are those on bikes yet.

Plus a hiviz leather jacket would match my hiviz helmet, the greenish yellow hiviz that is.

Not to forget if you ride on a military installation you must wear hiviz or a safety vest...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
 
Lago, you can get a high viz safety vest to wear over any leather or textile jacket at any work clothing store, walmart or harbor freight store. I have one I wear if I am riding into the city. They fold up very small, easily fit in a tank bag, tail bag, saddlebag. Get the size that fits snuggly over your riding gear and has a zip front in lieu of Velcro front.

Look at Guth's avatar. He is wearing a black leather jacket with a high viz vest safety over it

Safety Vests
 
Ahh I thought that was a textile jacket. Thanks for the link, I didn't realize there were so many options. I'll have to upgrade from my Harbor Freight Velcro safety vest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Like I said, get one that fits sorta snug and zips in the front whoch will help keep it from flapping in the wind. They also come in vented ( bunch of holes in it) or non vented (solid cloth). The solid ones are generally sturdier and slightly brighter.
 
Back
Top