He rode MY Bike!

shysue2_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Last weekend I was still working on getting the break-in miles on my bike and hubby wanted to ride it. He really liked it, although with size 14 boots he had a bit of a problem shifting the bike. He actually makes the bike look kind of small in this pic, but I know it's not. :)



We rode out to Bartlett Lake, but we couldn't really enjoy the curvy roads because there always seems to be lots of LEO's and people hauling boats on that route. The lake is looking fairly low but that didn't stop lots of people from enjoying it over the Memorial Day weekend.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/shysue/media/2014%20CB1100/20140524_112157.jpg.html]

The good news is that I got my break-in miles in, I got the first service done today, and now I can have some FUN with my bike! This upcoming Saturday we are headed up north for some twisty (and cooler) roads, taking 89 into Prescott for lunch and then continuing on 89 over Mingus Mountain into Jerome, Cottonwood, Cornville, and maybe Sedona if we have time. We're spending the night in Jerome at the haunted Connor Hotel, and I'm not anxious to experience any ghostly activities but it was the best hotel in Jerome we could find short notice. I'll let you know if we see any ghosts, LOL.


[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/shysue/media/4727542551_dec9ac5e87_b1.jpg.html]

On a side note, I did something with the bike that was an accomplishment for me - I got it up on the center stand by myself! I was never able to do that with my other bikes. The Concours and the ST1300 were just too big for me to get them up on their stands, but I was able to do it with this bike. Oh, I think I got the ST up once, but it was so hard I never did it again. Anyway, just thought I'd share that with y'all.
 
Jeezalou your husband is a giant! He and I would be breathing different air.

Great pics. My wife and I toured all the National Parks in UT and AZ double up on a Triumph Bonneville lol. Sedona area was beautiful! That road coming down a big hill zig zagging back and forth was cool!

The ST 1300 is a bear for me to get on the centerstand as well. Sometimes it'll go up with reluctance. Most of the time, it just goes on the side stand.
 
We did the Phoenix, Jerome, Sedona trip one spring, just in a car though, mostly hiking, but was very nice.
I think it gets so hot, the Sedona hiking club told us they stop their hikes from June to September.Yikes
 
Thread starter
It does get hot here, for sure. The Prescott and Verde Valley and Flagstaff areas are higher in elevation than Phoenix though, so the temps are generally lower. Even Tucson is sometimes cooler than Phoenix!
 
Thanks for that, Sue. I hope you get him off the bike!

It's a funny thing about this bike. It looks big until you see someone on it, even someone my size. Then it looks surprisingly compact.
 
Great report and pics. have a good trip this weekend. You're supposed to have your new Puig screen tomorrow. Maybe you can get it installed before you leave.
 
From friends that ride Bartlett more than I do, they say the LEO's will radar you from the hills, not the road, and stop you on the way out since it's a one way route. The fun twisty bits can have sand and rocks as well as boaters and cagers with wacko attitudes so it's not good to get too friskie anyway.

After a good rain it can take a month for the sand to be cleared from some spots. The best chunk of road is the leg that goes to the northern boat ramp (you see the turn off on your left as you come down the long hill, about a half mile past the 35mph sign).

260 between Camp Verde and Payson is fun. You'll find 89a into Jerome is a hoot if traffic is light. Mind the round abouts in Cottonwood though! Those lane lines are slippery!

We get a motley crew that meets up in Cave Creek at The Grotto on Sunday mornings (this Sunday, half of us meet at Denny's on Bell and I-17; monthly Moto Guzzi breakfast, some Guzzi's even show up!, and the other half are riding the Devils' Highway, but there are typically a few folks that will show). They open at 6:30, but we don't wander in till about 7 or later. Winter times, even later than that; it gets cold out there! Consider this your invite. :D
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
From friends that ride Bartlett more than I do, they say the LEO's will radar you from the hills, not the road, and stop you on the way out since it's a one way route. The fun twisty bits can have sand and rocks as well as boaters and cagers with wacko attitudes so it's not good to get too friskie anyway.

After a good rain it can take a month for the sand to be cleared from some spots. The best chunk of road is the leg that goes to the northern boat ramp (you see the turn off on your left as you come down the long hill, about a half mile past the 35mph sign).

260 between Camp Verde and Payson is fun. You'll find 89a into Jerome is a hoot if traffic is light. Mind the round abouts in Cottonwood though! Those lane lines are slippery!

We get a motley crew that meets up in Cave Creek at The Grotto on Sunday mornings (this Sunday, half of us meet at Denny's on Bell and I-17; monthly Moto Guzzi breakfast, some Guzzi's even show up!, and the other half are riding the Devils' Highway, but there are typically a few folks that will show). They open at 6:30, but we don't wander in till about 7 or later. Winter times, even later than that; it gets cold out there! Consider this your invite. :D
Hey Rboe, thanks for the invite! I told Russ that someone on the forum goes to The Grotto, and he said "When?" He wanted to meet y'all. So, in a couple of weeks we'll probably show up. You know what bike I'll be riding! ;)
 
Could be dangerous. Allan brought his last weekend, he's the gentleman with the four into four setup. But there is a great diversity of rides and we're getting several different groups of riders coming up there. Meetup AZ Cafe' Racers, Euro Riders, old C4 hanger ons and just plain ol' lost souls. :)

Bring the camera!
 
Back
Top