Have to love Japanese translations

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Advantages of EX

● 2 pipe muffler that it is possible to pursue the beauty symmetry, you can enjoy even more the engine feel like big-boned air cooling.
● wire spoked wheel which adopted the rim and hub of aluminum.
● increase the texture subjected to Wadding, double sheet stuck to the comfort of the passenger more.
● 17L fuel tank which kept a space in range.
● 6-speed transmission in pursuit of calm and comfort of cruising.
● side cover in pursuit of a more horizontal design keynote, grab rail.
● two eye meter employs a back-calculated fuel consumption meter and shift position display, and a dedicated color dial.
● plated turn signal of the aluminum body.
 
Someone who owned one of the original Suzuki 750 "Water Buffalo" may remember the original sticker on the tank that read something like "Reving the engine especially racing the motor is prohibited in any case". I can just see a Japanese cycle production assistant back in the day being given a Japanese-English hand book and being told to make up designs for the warning stickers to be used on US bound production. You can't make this stuff up.
 
I think my CB already has that big-boned air cooling :)
 
Thread starter
I like that the new one I'm getting will keep space in range. I'm thinking about touring the moon. It's on my bucket list
 
PLUS, you get WADDING, double stuck no less!!
 
Thread starter
I loves me some wadding lol
 
I have some brochures of the first Chinese cars from the Detroit Auto Show from a few years back that are hilarious.. I'll try and scan and post.
 
Words of advice from a 1962 Honda motorcycle owner's manual,
translated for the "American Motorcycle Rider." Hilarious! I especially like the part about the 'festive dog.'

1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him
by or otherwise disrespect him.

2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in tight, toodle the horn
trumpet melodiously at first, if he still obstacles your passage,
tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning "Hi, Hi."

3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you
pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.

4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway.
Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

5. Go soothingly on the grease, mud, as there lurks the skid demon!
Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the
collapse and tie up.
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
Words of advice from a 1962 Honda motorcycle owner's manual,
translated for the "American Motorcycle Rider." Hilarious! I especially like the part about the 'festive dog.'

1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him
by or otherwise disrespect him.

2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in tight, toodle the horn
trumpet melodiously at first, if he still obstacles your passage,
tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning "Hi, Hi."

3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you
pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.

4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway.
Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

5. Go soothingly on the grease, mud, as there lurks the skid demon!
Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the
collapse and tie up.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
 
CaptainAwesome_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Words of advice from a 1962 Honda motorcycle owner's manual,
translated for the "American Motorcycle Rider." Hilarious! I especially like the part about the 'festive dog.'

1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him
by or otherwise disrespect him.

2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in tight, toodle the horn
trumpet melodiously at first, if he still obstacles your passage,
tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning "Hi, Hi."

3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you
pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.

4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway.
Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

5. Go soothingly on the grease, mud, as there lurks the skid demon!
Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the
collapse and tie up.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
:huh:How do you do that?
 
"There lurks the skid demon". Great. Thanks for that - now I am going to start seeing some hairy beast with fangs in my formerly pleasant motorcycling daydreams.
 
redbirds_imp said:
CaptainAwesome_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Words of advice from a 1962 Honda motorcycle owner's manual,
translated for the "American Motorcycle Rider." Hilarious! I especially like the part about the 'festive dog.'

1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him
by or otherwise disrespect him.

2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in tight, toodle the horn
trumpet melodiously at first, if he still obstacles your passage,
tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning "Hi, Hi."

3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you
pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.

4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway.
Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

5. Go soothingly on the grease, mud, as there lurks the skid demon!
Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the
collapse and tie up.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
:huh:How do you do that?

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
:huh:How do you do that?
The Flying Nun knows how to toodle. :P
 
redbirds_imp said:
CaptainAwesome_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Words of advice from a 1962 Honda motorcycle owner's manual,
translated for the "American Motorcycle Rider." Hilarious! I especially like the part about the 'festive dog.'

1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him
by or otherwise disrespect him.

2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in tight, toodle the horn
trumpet melodiously at first, if he still obstacles your passage,
tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning "Hi, Hi."

3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you
pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.

4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway.
Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

5. Go soothingly on the grease, mud, as there lurks the skid demon!
Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the
collapse and tie up.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
:huh:How do you do that?

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
:huh:How do you do that?

I'm not exactly sure but the more I hear it just sounds like a way to get arrested in public.

"It was all fun and games till John started to toodle his horn and got arrested"
 
Thread starter
CaptainAwesome_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
CaptainAwesome_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Words of advice from a 1962 Honda motorcycle owner's manual,
translated for the "American Motorcycle Rider." Hilarious! I especially like the part about the 'festive dog.'

1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him
by or otherwise disrespect him.

2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in tight, toodle the horn
trumpet melodiously at first, if he still obstacles your passage,
tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning "Hi, Hi."

3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you
pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.

4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway.
Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

5. Go soothingly on the grease, mud, as there lurks the skid demon!
Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the
collapse and tie up.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
:huh:How do you do that?

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
:huh:How do you do that?

I'm not exactly sure but the more I hear it just sounds like a way to get arrested in public.

"It was all fun and games till John started to toodle his horn and got arrested"

Yep, that's it. For the rest of my life I will no longer honk the horn but toodle it. That is simply amazing, lol.
:huh:How do you do that?

I'm not exactly sure but the more I hear it just sounds like a way to get arrested in public.

"It was all fun and games till John started to toodle his horn and got arrested"
:rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Advantages of EX

● 2 pipe muffler that it is possible to pursue the beauty symmetry, you can enjoy even more the engine feel like big-boned air cooling.
● wire spoked wheel which adopted the rim and hub of aluminum.
● increase the texture subjected to Wadding, double sheet stuck to the comfort of the passenger more.
● 17L fuel tank which kept a space in range.
● 6-speed transmission in pursuit of calm and comfort of cruising.
● side cover in pursuit of a more horizontal design keynote, grab rail.
● two eye meter employs a back-calculated fuel consumption meter and shift position display, and a dedicated color dial.
● plated turn signal of the aluminum body.
Japanese language derived from Chinese, so they do have hard time learning English and speaking properly in China. A Czech can learn English in no time, but not most Asians due to different linguistic roots.

My parents tried to translate from Vietnamese to English and vice versa when they came here decades ago, the phrases sounded funny

here are a sign in Japanese hotel for English speaking clients

* Our maids are available, please take advantage of them
 
Back
Top