Hauled bike out of storage wont start.

Oboro,

I'll send it tonight after work.
 
Email sent
 
Have you tried with the second key? Does the HISS light disappear when ignition on? Could be the antitheft system...
 
Speed_imp said:
Have you tried with the second key? Does the HISS light disappear when ignition on? Could be the antitheft system...
We don't have that in North America.
 
Any news, Oboro?
 
Cormanus, does your bike have the HISS?
 
Fault finding section in the manual says possible MAP sensor failure. Sensor is mounted on the front air filter housing and has a vac hose attached. Reseat the connector and make sure vac hose is ok.
 
I've been following this thread with interest because my CB has been in winter storage since last November.
One year ago around this time I rolled it out for the season and it started instantly.
I rolled it out a few minutes ago for this season and just before I touched the starter I thought about this thread.
But I didn't have to worry as she roared to life instantly.
I'm not gloating or rubbing salt in the wound, just making an observation :D
 
Does it run on an alternative fuel source? As in- remove the air filter and spray starting fluid. If not, try clear flood (full throttle) as previously mentioned.

Curious to hear results.
 
three things spark fuel compression, if it has all of these it should light up, if not I would guess that the computer is acting out? just my 2 cents??
 
Good question. He hasn't been on the forum for about 12 days or so. Hope all's well.
 
You know most of us are getting to the point we should list a contact person/number so threads do not turn into cliffhangers, leaving our minds to only assume the worst. I guess He could have got it going and went for a ride and just has not got back home yet.

Or we could finish the thread for him! Like:

Found a rattlesnake in the air box! Pulled his fat butt out of 2 throttle bodies, and then she fired right up......
 
Back
Top