Has anybody ever used Repairmanuals.co?

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
About Us

I'm looking at this website because I'm going to need to get some sort of reference material in the next month, and I can't stomache the idea of ever paying more than $20 for a book, regardless of the content. Moreover, i strongly prefer a PDF version of any book to a hard copy, just because the PDF is going to be a lot easier to browse.

Has anybody ever used this site? is the manual they're selling a genuine honda service manual or some knock-off incomplete version?
 
Thread starter
Gold,

I've recieved that reccomendation before, the problem is threefold:

Haynes doesn't seem to have one for the 2014 CB1100

Regardless of the source they want somewhere between $50-$100 for a *book,* which is more than i'd ever pay.

I'd be much happier with a PDF than a paper book anyway. it's much easier to find the information you need in a PDF.
 
I've not used this site and can't comment. However, I did just purchase the official factory shop manual for the Monkey and what I received was a photocopy. It works, but it's not what I paid for. YMMV.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Gold,

I've recieved that reccomendation before, the problem is threefold:

Haynes doesn't seem to have one for the 2014 CB1100

Regardless of the source they want somewhere between $50-$100 for a *book,* which is more than i'd ever pay.

I'd be much happier with a PDF than a paper book anyway. it's much easier to find the information you need in a PDF.
For sure, if an engine tear down or major electrical work is required, the price for a book or PDF is worth the investment ... and one would probably not have a choice going at it alone.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
I've not used this site and can't comment. However, I did just purchase the official factory shop manual for the Monkey and what I received was a photocopy. It works, but it's not what I paid for. YMMV.
sounds like a return is in order?
 
All the Helm CB 1100 manuals are now "printed on demand " for the 2013-2017 models . I took the manual apart , used a heavy duty 3 hole puncher and put it in a 3 ring binder ; much easier to use on the work bench and to me it was worth every penny.
 
Helm apparently offers some products on CD, but not the CB1100 repair manual.

I have a recollection that someone on the forum sourced a manual on CD. It was some years ago and I think the source may have been eBay. I’ve tried a quick search and can’t find it. Failing that, I’d ask repairmanuals.co where they source the manuals they provide. If the CB1100 on comes from Helm, you should be fine.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Houtman:

Do they offer those digitally for around $20?
I do not know the answer , I am old fashioned and prefer the paper ones laying in front of me and I do not care if I get smudges on it.
 
Thread starter
Honda_Fan_imp said:
Same here I prefer physical paper during my reading.
you guys wouldn't say that if you knew how to search :-p

give me a 1000 page pdf and a 1000 page book and i'll find what i'm looking for in seconds on the PDF, could take 10 times as long in the book. i can also zoom in on complicated mechanical drawings, print things out to real world scale, and the most important part of all: many times if there's a PDF of something you can find it somewhere for free.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Honda_Fan_imp said:
Same here I prefer physical paper during my reading.
you guys wouldn't say that if you knew how to search :-p

give me a 1000 page pdf and a 1000 page book and i'll find what i'm looking for in seconds on the PDF, could take 10 times as long in the book. i can also zoom in on complicated mechanical drawings, print things out to real world scale, and the most important part of all: many times if there's a PDF of something you can find it somewhere for free.
you guys wouldn't say that if you knew how to search :-p

give me a 1000 page pdf and a 1000 page book and i'll find what i'm looking for in seconds on the PDF, could take 10 times as long in the book. i can also zoom in on complicated mechanical drawings, print things out to real world scale, and the most important part of all: many times if there's a PDF of something you can find it somewhere for free.
I think digital copies of mechanical drawings is "like a controlled substance". The authors would like to protect their copyright and PDFs are difficult to control in the open. That could explain their low availability.
 
If my bike or car had a 1000 page manual I would not buy that vehicle anyway.
Most people NEVER read their manuals from their new car.
 
This is a regular six of one, half dozen of another discussion and it really comes down to what the person is comfortable with.

But I agree with MisterP, I prefer a pdf because it's easily searchable but also because I can print out only the pages I need when I need them and expand diagrams if needed. That can be a big help sometimes.
 
The Helm CB1100 manual I've just bought is about 2 inches thick, a proper 'manual', ready-punched with seven holes (which match no binder I can find here in the UK, so I'm gonna make my own). This manual cost me, but is worth every penny on the first "awkward" job you have to deal with - all the info is there. I
 
Brazbro, A regular 3 ring binder will work. Mine is in one.
 
Back
Top