HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Charlie Brown has been complaining about that since 1965.
Now excuse me while I go buy an aluminum Christmas tree ;)
 
When I visited you last time, I saw few X-trees in your neighborhood, stay natural, no need for aluminium type, eh :P
 
Never had an aluminum tree, but did use other artificial types. Now only use natural trees, and that in itself creates other issues different from the artificial choice. :-/
 
I actually use a pre-lit artificial tree. Go tired of messing with the lights as I got older.

In the 60s my neighbors had an aluminum tree. It had a light with a motor driven color wheel that would slowly rotate and shine 4 (I think) different colors on the tree. Was nice, but I didn’t care for it at the time. I guess it was mid century modern and my family was pretty conservative on these things.
 
Thread starter
Fried turkeys are good if done right. I still prefer an oven baked bird.

Do a fried turkey wrong, and you can burn down the neighborhood lol
 
Thread starter
I think it involves meat temp and oil temp

Check out Turkey Fryer Explosion on youtube
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanksgiving is not a thing down under, but best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to all those in the US.
I guess it would be like our Christmas dinner without the presents.
 
I fry turkeys every thanksgiving. Learned about it in New Orleans, brought it with us back to Memphis. First year told my friends they could bring their turkeys by and I would fry them for them. Ended up cooking 9 turkeys. This year cooked 3 breasts , l have the system down pat after 28 years. My wife’s cousin is a food writer for the Baltimore Sun, he wrote a book and included us in a chapter about his Memphis cousins frying turkeys.
 
Back
Top