HAPPY THANKSGIVING

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving with loved ones and lots of yummy food. [ok]

Anyone going for a ride today, please be careful
 
Thank you! Best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and Mrs. Ferret!

No riding for me. The roads are snow packed and likely to remain that way for days to come. Plus, it's too darn cold.
 
Happy Thanksgiving to all the forum members south of the border.
Up here, north of the border, we celebrated Thanksgiving back in October - on your Columbus Day.
Be safe everyone.
 
"HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to everyone !!..what is everyone having for a main dish today.. I am BBQing a leg of lamb..

chuckk ..
no rides today.. it is cold and rainy down here in California
 
Thread starter
Chuckk_imp said:
"HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to everyone !!..what is everyone having for a main dish today.. I am BBQing a leg of lamb..

chuckk ..
no rides today.. it is cold and rainy down here in California
I just had 2 hot dogs with mcdonalds hot mustard

Headed to my son's for dinner. Imagine Turkey and all the goodies. I know Mrs Ferret is cooking the green beans and making deviled eggs. My daughter always makes home made bread, and daughter in law makes yams with little marshmallows.

I wish I was riding today. First year I have missed in decades.
 
just a small gathering over here today.. that leg of lamb and a side dish or two wouldn't feed too many .. then it will be time to reflect back on the year and the riding we have done..

chuckk ..
 
Its only me, the TV, computer and some Champagne. OK, it isn’t from France so I guess its just sparkling :)
 
here is a "before" shot.. haha ..

.
a304f527428d15e6fa6df78f410f343b.mp4
 
[/b] I'm just waiting for my company to arrive now.. thought you might like to see a more appetizing pic of the lamb.. gotta start the basting soon..

chuckk ..

.
dd8c63d540cbc96c64b390cfd40b128a.mp4
 
Thanksgiving is not a thing down under, but best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to all those in the US.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanksgiving is not a thing down under, but best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to all those in the US.
Do you guys have any similar traditions?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanksgiving is not a thing down under, but best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to all those in the US.
Do you guys have any similar traditions?
In terms of Canada, like Rocky wrote, ours was in October. Important, but not as big as Christmas.

- - -

One perspective is Thanksgiving in the U.S. can be a bigger deal than Christmas. Is that true?
 
Thread starter
No I think Christmas is a bigger deal here, but Thanksgiving seems more sincere since there is no gift giving involved other than food and time spent with loved ones. Personally I find Christmas too comercial.
 
We basically just do Christmas here and it’s way too commercial.
 
Back
Top