HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CB1100 forum

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
It was in the middle of the night 6 years ago today our founder Guth started this fine forum.

we currently have 4598 members from something like 23 countries who have posted 11,948 threads and 224,824 posts. whew.

In those 6 years we have made a lot of friends, a lot of acquaintances, and po'd a few people. We have gotten together for rallies ( NC, Virginia, Arkansas, Kentucky and Oregon..and have one planned for West Virginia and Colorado. We've also gotten together for mini rallies and just for lunch or coffee. Unfortunately we've lost a few too rip OldF7guy and Physics Teacher.

not bad for a motorcycle that is so good there really isn't much to talk about it.

Anyhow.. Happy Anniversary folks! and thanks for making the CB 1100 forum the best motorcycle forum on the net.

Oh yea..thanks Guth and Cormanus for your continued hard work on keeping this place up and running.

the Ferret (Mickey)
 
I wish to salute the Founder Guth and Moderators Ferret and Cormanus for making and keeping the dream alive.

It is uncommon for a forum-based community to be relaxed and humorous, yet provide a service of facts surrounding all that is CB1100, and loosely related subject matters.

Well done, congratulations, and Happy Birthday!
 
Happy birthday and congrats to Forum founder Guth , Cormanus and Ferret as awesome and supportive moderators....and of course all members as well, that built this solid and friendly motorcycle community
Well done gentlemen.

:thanks:
 
Thank you Guth and thank you everybody who makes this forum what it is!
 
Thread starter
Lord popgun btw was member #3 and other than Guth the one that has been here the longest . Member # 2 was OldF7guy who passed away after a year and a half or so just after getting his CB.
 
Wow, I didn’t realize I’ve been here the longest. That Decoder ring needs to keep me better informed :)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lord popgun btw was member #3 and other than Guth the one that has been here the longest . Member # 2 was OldF7guy who passed away after a year and a half or so just after getting his CB.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Wow, I didn’t realize I’ve been here the longest. That Decoder ring needs to keep me better informed :)
Lord Popgun, maybe the Decoder Ring needs some maintenance to be done after more than half a decade of service???
:)
 
Maybe so. As long as I don’t have to take it to that Eye of Sauron for a recharge :) Maybe a few jolts from a megger will do. My Mr. Fusion is in need of some plutonium.
 
Thread starter
if you click on member list at top of page they are numerical by join date
 
Ferret, what is the referral column?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Maybe so. As long as I don’t have to take it to that Eye of Sauron for a recharge :) Maybe a few jolts from a megger will do. My Mr. Fusion is in need of some plutonium.
Already? Depending on which isotope you have, Pu half-life is as low as 88 years and up to 80.4 million years.

Popgun: What have you been doing?
 
Wow, time sure can fly by when you're having fun!
My brand new 2014 is now five years old! How did that happen? :D :D :D
I don't contribute all that much to the forum, but I've certainly enjoyed the time I'm spending here and all the things I've learned.
Great comradery, civility and hood humor here thanks to not only the members, but to Guth and ferret for keeping things on the rails.
You two deserve a lot of credit for your efforts :thumbsup:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Maybe so. As long as I don’t have to take it to that Eye of Sauron for a recharge :) Maybe a few jolts from a megger will do. My Mr. Fusion is in need of some plutonium.
Already? Depending on which isotope you have, Pu half-life is as low as 88 years and up to 80.4 million years.

Popgun: What have you been doing?
Already? Depending on which isotope you have, Pu half-life is as low as 88 years and up to 80.4 million years.

Popgun: What have you been doing?
Apparently the dilithium crystals use it up fast somehow. I think its that warp plasma thing.

Rocky if all you did was post pics of that awesome blue bike I’d be satisfied with your contributions :)
 
Oh jeez, I've actually overlooked the anniversary this year. That pretty much sums up the past year for me as personal issues completely consumed me during this time. I mention this because I must note that The ferret and Cormanus have pretty much been running this place on their own while I've been down & out. I thank them every year for all that they do, but this year I owe them not only my thanks but an additional heap of praise. Not only have they been keeping a watchful eye on this place but they've also been incredibly supportive behind the scenes and it has really meant a lot to me — more than words can describe. A simple "thank you" seems so insufficient in this case. Both of you have truly made a positive difference in my life at a time when it was really needed. You guys are the best.

I'll also pass along my thanks to all of the great members that make this place what it is. The active community here might be small in size but much like the CB1100 itself it's a matter of quality over quantity.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ferret, what is the referral column?
Come on popgun fess up, you've actually lost the decoder ring haven't you?

(I believe that if a member refers another person to the forum and they make note of it when they become a member then the referring member is credited with a referral. To be honest I've never looked into it, lol.)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Maybe so. As long as I don’t have to take it to that Eye of Sauron for a recharge :) Maybe a few jolts from a megger will do. My Mr. Fusion is in need of some plutonium.
Already? Depending on which isotope you have, Pu half-life is as low as 88 years and up to 80.4 million years.

Popgun: What have you been doing?
Already? Depending on which isotope you have, Pu half-life is as low as 88 years and up to 80.4 million years.

Popgun: What have you been doing?
Apparently the dilithium crystals use it up fast somehow. I think its that warp plasma thing.

Rocky if all you did was post pics of that awesome blue bike I’d be satisfied with your contributions :)
Already? Depending on which isotope you have, Pu half-life is as low as 88 years and up to 80.4 million years.

Popgun: What have you been doing?
Apparently the dilithium crystals use it up fast somehow. I think its that warp plasma thing.

Rocky if all you did was post pics of that awesome blue bike I’d be satisfied with your contributions :)
:D :D thanks PG :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Guth, I have not lost the Ring. But it does have a mind of its own :)

I’d prove I still have it, but like I’ve said, it just doesn’t show up in photographs. Film or digital. Strange thing that ring is.
 
Popgun: Can't let the people lose the faith. Otherwise, they get distracted and start saying things like, "The world is flat", and " 'merican moon landing was a hoax", and foolish things like that.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Guth, I have not lost the Ring. But it does have a mind of its own :)

I’d prove I still have it, but like I’ve said, it just doesn’t show up in photographs. Film or digital. Strange thing that ring is.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Popgun: Can't let the people lose the faith. Otherwise, they get distracted and start saying things like, "The world is flat", and " 'merican moon landing was a hoax", and foolish things like that.
Lord Popgun, I TRUST you 102%, you have the Ring...just service it and spin it around your finger couple of times to be active and magic again:)
 
I apologize for leaving Cormanus out of my tribute. He does a yeoman's job of keeping things straight too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The old mind ain't what it used to be. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :P :D :D
 
Back
Top