Handlebar Thermometer.

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Don't hate me!!! But, I have this little item on 'another' bike I own and I missed having it on the CB. It fits perfectly and (to me...) looks good! Besides, they make quality stuff and the dealer is open Sunday's. Did I mention, the dealer is open Sunday's!!! Honda, and others, miss out on a lot of biz with their lousy operating hours.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Looks good. What brand is it?
 
I got my thermometer here : Clocks4Bikes.com
 
Only problem I'd have with that...is that it's likely that if the face is in bright sunlight, you'll get an incorrect high reading.

My Suzuki Burgman and Toyota truck both have thermometers, sensory-units shielded from sun, on them...especially on a bike, it's easy to learn to...if not depend on it, consult it when dressing out. Eliminating subjective- is it really getting colder or is something else making me chilled like this?

I've seen little auto thermometers with a 20-inch sensor bulb that could be put down in shade somewhere.
 
Popgun and I have the same one. Although I have never felt a need to know the temp of my handlebar. :)
 
I seem to recall someone doing a nifty install of a thermometer on a 2013 that looked almost factory. I can't find the thread on taptalk, though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
:rofl:

ES, I forgot all about that install! :thumbsup:
 
I just checked out http://www.formotionproducts.com/motorcycle and the equipment there looks very nice. They are transitioning over to only doing OEM products and are simply selling all of their existing stock. I bought the thermometer and a compass to mount for about $75 shipped, not bad if the quality is what it appears on the website. I'll report back after it arrives.
 
I never wanted another thermometer on a bike after one Summer day riding home from Jerome AZ via Wickenburg to the East Valley. I had one stuck on my 900SS as the sun dropped lower into the Western sky, I looked down and it read 122 degrees and I still had 50 miles to go. That was TMI for me.:@
 
ride4now_imp said:
mininsx_imp said:
That is pretty cool. Would go great on my KLR!
That is pretty cool. Would go great on my KLR!
I had one of the clock clip-ons for my '99 Nighthawk 750 and I somehow broke the glass. :( It was entirely my fault, and when I called Aerostich and told the woman on the phone what I did and that I needed to order another one she said that they'd send me another one, free! :clap: I told her that they didn't have to do that, it was my fault, but she insisted! Now that's customer service!
 
AndyHe_imp said:
I just checked out http://www.formotionproducts.com/motorcycle and the equipment there looks very nice. They are transitioning over to only doing OEM products and are simply selling all of their existing stock. I bought the thermometer and a compass to mount for about $75 shipped, not bad if the quality is what it appears on the website. I'll report back after it arrives.
Formotion makes fantastic, high quality stuff. I've gotten several of their pieces over the years, and they're all still going strong, and look brand new.
The only cuss I'd have is that I got one of their clocks, and you have to buy one of their pricey kits to remove the back bezel to change the battery. Other than that, you just can't fault their quality. Great stuff.
 
Back
Top