Handlebar Risers

Mick65_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
After yesterdays ride where I did about 35mls in one go, when I got home my shoulders and wrists were quite painful, my question is what size are our handlebars because I think I'm going to try some risers.
Think I need some which face back slightly.
Sorry if this has been asked before...Regards Mick.
 
I went with the Rox (off of Amazon but others carry them too) for the Griso, it was a huge help. I may go the same route with the CB. Unsure at the moment (they showed up in a catalog I recently got which is making me think). For the Griso, lowering the pegs and getting bar raisers made the bike ridable for me. Now the seat needs fixin'.
 
I used the 7/8" risers from SW Motech on my Triumph Tiger 1050. These raised the bars up and back about 1" and looked "stock".
 
I prefer to change out the handlebar instead of adding a riser. Has anyone found a handlebar with about an inch or two of rise over stock bars?
 
Samurider.com might have something. Or shoot Mr. T an email.

I admit I didn't look though.
 
No issues with the cable lengths with a 1" riser. I tried a 1" up and 3/4 back riser and the cables were a little too tight for my liking. You would have to do a little rerouting of the cables. Now I just use just the 1" up. Here is a picture of the GenMar 1"up and 3/4" back.
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
hey Mick you may be able to loosen the stock bars and pull them back a lil bit.....that may help
That is what I did. Helped a LOT.
 
The samurider site is Samurider.com | Worldwide Shipping Japanese Motorcycle Parts and is in English. That gang link was just to show you the bars. You can send that link to Takashi at Samurider (he speaks English very well) and he can get you those bars or pretty much anything in Japan. He is GREAT to deal with and responds quickly.

Just remember the time difference. Sometimes you will only get one reply per day.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The samurider site is Samurider.com | Worldwide Shipping Japanese Motorcycle Parts and is in English. That gang link was just to show you the bars. You can send that link to Takashi at Samurider (he speaks English very well) and he can get you those bars or pretty much anything in Japan. He is GREAT to deal with and responds quickly.

Just remember the time difference. Sometimes you will only get one reply per day.
Thanks Popgun.
 
Hittheroad_imp said:
I bought them and put them on no good the right side brake hose is to tight had to take them off and send them back you need a longer brake line everything else is ok . I really need mine higher also but no good
 
If you need them higher then you need to use and get a longer brake line. No getting around that. I bought the ROX units off of Amazon for the Griso, those worked out nicely - for me on that bike. No need for extra long cables or hoses (lucked out).
 
I wanted to bring my handlebars a little closer to me. Looked at SW-MOTECH Handlebar Riser Barbacks but had concerns about wiring and cables. So I made my own set with the same dimensions just for trial purposes. With a little rerouting, it appeared to work. Ordered the real thing from Twisted Throttle. After installation I was able to also rotate the bars downwards slightly and gain a little more movement towards me as well. So far so good. I took the photos of my homemade products (Fred Flintstone barbacks) with a flip phone, hence the not-quite-in-focus shots. My first try at posting photos so here goes.....


[url=http://s482.photobucket.com/user/CarolinaVette/media/Motorcycles/0118151511.jpg.html]
 
interesting, but it looks like it worked so..good thinking, and congrats
 
Back
Top