handlebar risers

terrydlargo_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anybody installed a set of risers on their cb1100 yet? I was thinking about getting the GenMar risers, and would be interested to get an evaluation from an informed source.
 
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anybody installed a set of risers on their cb1100 yet? I was thinking about getting the GenMar risers, and would be interested to get an evaluation from an informed source.
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
 
Thread starter
jamboa_imp said:
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anybody installed a set of risers on their cb1100 yet? I was thinking about getting the GenMar risers, and would be interested to get an evaluation from an informed source.
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
Did you get the 1 inch up, or the 1 inch up and 1.5 inch back? Also did you move or do anything with the wiring?
 
terrydlargo_imp said:
jamboa_imp said:
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anybody installed a set of risers on their cb1100 yet? I was thinking about getting the GenMar risers, and would be interested to get an evaluation from an informed source.
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
Did you get the 1 inch up, or the 1 inch up and 1.5 inch back? Also did you move or do anything with the wiring?
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
Did you get the 1 inch up, or the 1 inch up and 1.5 inch back? Also did you move or do anything with the wiring? No extra work needed for the 1" risers. The up and back risers require you to disconnect the upper brake line bracket and possible re-routing of some wiring. I've installed them on other bikes and installation is pretty much the same.
 
terrydlargo_imp said:
jamboa_imp said:
terrydlargo_imp said:
Has anybody installed a set of risers on their cb1100 yet? I was thinking about getting the GenMar risers, and would be interested to get an evaluation from an informed source.
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
Did you get the 1 inch up, or the 1 inch up and 1.5 inch back? Also did you move or do anything with the wiring?
I installed the Genmar risers andvI findvthem more comfortable. No problem with anything.
Did you get the 1 inch up, or the 1 inch up and 1.5 inch back? Also did you move or do anything with the wiring? I ordered the universal but it also brings it back some. Therebis plenty of wire and cable room. I have a setbof slightly taller but more bend in and down bars I hope to install with the gen mar risers as well.
 
Can anybody tell me where you ordered your risers? The universal risers jamboa got sound good.

I am glad you are all doing this, I have been thinking about risers since I test rode the bike.
 
7/8 inch
 
CA200_imp said:
If anyone can post a picture it would be nice
Just got a set of GenMar Universal #X-103 risers in the mail today.

0d44cc56e2f614d0baa278e696b960c2.jpg


a960a9532166cb76e40c4533dea9d3f2.jpg


b1b1f3ab27fb6adaeb3a044ef5e4d1bc.jpg


b7fa29d578f984f149ccc39c3577b7b8.jpg


I have short arms so this was just the ticket.
No binding of any cables during install.
The stock plastic Honda bolt caps do not cover the Genmar holes 100%. The GenMar holes are a little oblong in the top clamp.
I can pivot the bars back more if I need it right now I don't.
I am pleased.
$75.95 delivered to Wisconsin. The "bossman" was out of the shop the day I called so I talked the guy who answered the phone into some free shipping. :D
 
FUZZY_imp said:
Yea they make a big difference. Waiting on Buell pegs now!
I would love to see some before and after pics when you put the Buell pegs on.

Pretty please?
 
Ole_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
Yea they make a big difference. Waiting on Buell pegs now!
I would love to see some before and after pics when you put the Buell pegs on.

Pretty please?
I would love to see some before and after pics when you put the Buell pegs on.

Pretty please?
Will do! They were special order so hope to get by end of week, maybe.
 
Welcome TubaTim.
 
Despite being tall and having long arms, I had to lean forward for the handlegrips and levers on my CB1100 EX. I bought the GenMar Universal Risers: 1"up and 1 3/8" back. Worked out well because I also bought a taller seat. Now I don't have to lean forward which is easier on the small of my back on my day long rides.
 
Back
Top