Handlebar Risers??

bubblerboy64_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I'd like to move the bars back about an inch. Fellows at the Honda shop don't have a clue. Thought I'd run it past you fellows on the forum.

I am also replacing the mirrors with a couple off of the 2013 Fury. I think the factory mirrors stick up like a pair of sore thumbs. Considered bar ends but don't want to go to that much trouble or change the character of the bikes look that much.

On the risers I don't want to have to change brake lines or rewire. Seems like moving back an inch or inch and 1/2 should be doable.
 
They make riser spacers, several here have put them on, however they move the bars up and back. i'm not aware of any that just move them back.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
They make riser spacers, several here have put them on, however they move the bars up and back. i'm not aware of any that just move them back.
I understand that the riser would result in up and back. Suggestions as to what would work on this bike is my question. Dealer parts guy with a thousands page catalog was no help.
 
Bubbleboy, you need Rox 2" Pivoting Risers. Whoever designed these risers is really clever. Since they pivot, they can move the bars up and/or back or just back. My friend has a set on his CB and loves them. I will be buying my CB soon and already have a set ready to go. The brake line is barely long enough. The 2" part # is 1R-P2SSN. I bought mine from Amazon. Be aware when you order that the handlebars are 7/8" size. I think they make a 1-3/4" size but not for 7/8" handlebars.
One more thing: I paid less than $70!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Rox Pivoting Riser 2" x 7/8" x 7/8"

Interesting. Never seen anything like those before.
They are a lot less expensive at Amazon as opposed to happy-trails, FWIW.
If you use the part number I gave above (1R-P2SSN), they will fit specifically 7/8" handlebars instead of 1-1/8" handlebar type with adapters for 7/8" bars. There's no need for the universal/adapter type, but they will work.

I also have a set on my Suzuki and they are great, IMO.
 
I tried Rox set backs and they would not hold in the stock risers. I have the scratch
in my silver tank stripe to prove it. I bought some risers out of japan and they worked
but had to much movement in the bolt holes that came up through the triple tree so
that resulted in another little scratch in a different location on the same silver stripe
(The plastic on the handle bar switch has a sharp edge and when you turn the bar it
contacts ever so slightly). So now, after trying 919 bars (not wide enough) I took the
stock risers turned them upside down (dot down) and installed the stock bars with after-
market mirrors (read about it on the Ultimate Motorcyclist road test on the 11) and I like it.
 
2013 CBXX_imp said:
I tried Rox set backs and they would not hold in the stock risers. I have the scratch
in my silver tank stripe to prove it. I bought some risers out of japan and they worked
but had to much movement in the bolt holes that came up through the triple tree so
that resulted in another little scratch in a different location on the same silver stripe
(The plastic on the handle bar switch has a sharp edge and when you turn the bar it
contacts ever so slightly). So now, after trying 919 bars (not wide enough) I took the
stock risers turned them upside down (dot down) and installed the stock bars with after-
market mirrors (read about it on the Ultimate Motorcyclist road test on the 11) and I like it.
That's too bad your Rox Risers didn't work on your bike. It is strange that they wouldn't get tight. My friend has a set on his CB1100 and they work great. The set on my Suzuki are perfect on my bike too. Maybe you got a bad set. Lots of guys in the Suzuki club have them and like them as well. I hope you returned yours. Your experience is the first negative report I have heard.
The more I think about it, if what you described happened to me, I would take the stock caps to a machine shop and have a little shaved off. The Rox Pivoting Risers are too cool not to use.
 
I bought them off a guy who had them on a V-strom 1100 and the CB stock
risers will not tighten down enough to keep Roz set back from slipping down.
Bummer...
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Rox Pivoting Riser 2" x 7/8" x 7/8"

Interesting. Never seen anything like those before.
They are a lot less expensive at Amazon as opposed to happy-trails, FWIW.
If you use the part number I gave above (1R-P2SSN), they will fit specifically 7/8" handlebars instead of 1-1/8" handlebar type with adapters for 7/8" bars. There's no need for the universal/adapter type, but they will work.

I also have a set on my Suzuki and they are great, IMO.
They are a lot less expensive at Amazon as opposed to happy-trails, FWIW.
If you use the part number I gave above (1R-P2SSN), they will fit specifically 7/8" handlebars instead of 1-1/8" handlebar type with adapters for 7/8" bars. There's no need for the universal/adapter type, but they will work. I just got a set of these from Amazon, but before I try to install them, I'm hoping someone who has them will answer a couple of questions.
1. Are you SURE there is no problem with the cables? They are two inches and look like a LOT more than most of the risers.
2. Since they swivel, are you having any trouble with them not staying in place? Sure looks like they will not be as stable as the ones that do not swivel.
Thanks for your help.

 
I bought these for my 14 standard. My bolts are not long enough to fasten into the Rod Rizor. I will try to get bolts 2 inches longer and see what happens
 
Update the Rox Pivot risers work fine straight up and a lil forward. Definitely a more comfortable riding position for me. I think you may have a problem with cables if you pivot back. You would need to talk to others on the forum about that. I used the fasteners supplied. There is a little buzzing in my bars.
 
Back
Top