Handlebar Clamp Bolt size?

I have one of those on my bike.
 
No photos since Photobucket messed us all up.

It isn't rocket science though. Just remove the plastic nut cap and remove the bolt (I did the upper right one). Install the ball and new longer bolt. Done :)

Here is a post by a member that did it first, with pics. I did mine the same way. Ram ball mount! Quick & clean
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
No photos since Photobucket messed us all up.

It isn't rocket science though. Just remove the plastic nut cap and remove the bolt (I did the upper right one). Install the ball and new longer bolt. Done :)

Here is a post by a member that did it first, with pics. I did mine the same way. Ram ball mount! Quick & clean
Thanks! Do you recall which bolt length you ended up using? (it comes with 55mm, 60mm, and 65mm lengths).
 
The 2 bolts I have left over are 65 and 60mm so I guess I used the 55mm. When you get done, the OEM plastic chrome nut cap will fit in the Ramball hole and finish it off.

Torque to 15 ft.lbs. If you remove them all, the books says tighten the fronts first, then the rears.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The 2 bolts I have left over are 65 and 60mm so I guess I used the 55mm. When you get done, the OEM plastic chrome nut cap will fit in the Ramball hole and finish it off.

Torque to 15 ft.lbs. If you remove them all, the books says tighten the fronts first, then the rears.
Yep, that's the one. I just read where the ball occupies 30mm, hence 25mm stock screw length + 30mm = 55mm. THANK YOU!
 
Back
Top